Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT Salt Lick Beer

GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926

Saw this article that Salt Lick and Jester King Brewery joined up to make a Salt Lick Pecan Smoked Saison. Can't wait to try it once they start bottling it. Hope its not as smokey as the one Shiner did and that its better than Salt Lick's BBQ.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·

Comments

• Beer looks good about now. What with the huge smoker. I would love to have something like that. Can you help figure out how to post pictures with Photobucket.

NW Iowa
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    edited August 2013

The malt and some oats were smoked in it.

To post pics from photobucket, copy from the direct link (not the IMG one you would use on the other site). Then, come here and click on the 4th icon from the right (looks like a picture frame) and paste the copied link and it should work just fine.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • ThieveryThievery Posts: 37
    You've been able to buy that beer for a few months here around Austin.  I tried it a few weeks back; it's pretty good but not my style of beer.  You can definitely taste the smokiness.

I've seen it at Spec's and the South Lamar Wine and Spirits.

If you can find them, you should try the Mad Meg (Farmhouse Ale) and the Thrash Metal from Jester King.  They are good, good, good.

BGE in the ATX
    ·