Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any brewmasters out there

Anyone out there will to share or discuss this topic.  I've been doing it for years and a good beer goes nicely with the egg.
A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
Canada
Large @ Small BGE 

Comments

• trup0241
    trup0241 Posts: 35
    I am for some discussion on this.  I have been brewing for about 4 years.  I just bottled two batches a malt version of a kolsch for SWMBO and a honey ale.  I currently have a belgian saison fermenting with some home grown hops.
    Pittsburgh, PA
  • abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 558
    I've been brewing for about 15 years (I took a few years off when the kids were small). You're right - brewing and egging are a perfect match. A friend and I will typically brew two batches during a low and slow.

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Just getting into it. Bottled my second batch this past weekend, a cerveza. Looked kinda like Negra Modelo in color, hope it tastes as good. The first one was a wheat beer that I added orange and coriander to try and get a something like a Blue Moon since that is one of Mrs. G's favorites. Came out pretty good. I wouldn't have much to add in a conversation, but would follow along and try and pick up any tips you guys offered.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    been a long time for me, used to make just stouts. started with several batches of toad spit, then went on my own and made a few batches of monkey puke stout with bananas, skins and all. favorite was a raspberry stout named dog droool, my old shepard liked the raspberries so much he drooled in the bucket
    :D really hard to mess up a stout
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Long time home brewer, not sure I'd call myself a brewmaster, maybe brew swiller. 
    Started as a way to avoid the high tax on beer on Canuckistan, soon discovered I enjoyed the process. 
    We have a lot of U-Brew places, found one who will let me play with the recipes and secondary fermentation time. Always a treat to talk to others who like to share their experiences. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • NervousDad
    NervousDad Posts: 307
    I've been brewing for about 2 years. I'm sitting here planning if I should brew a Oktoberfest or a porter to prepare for the winter. I don't like giving up my fermentation fridge for a lager to I'm leaning towards the porter :)

I'm a bit obsessed with it, I try too brew a few times a month, except for end of July/August, it's just too hot in my garage.
    Aurora,OH
  • B&BKnox
    B&BKnox Posts: 283
    A few years ago when I lived in MN I brewed IPA's about once a month.  30 some batches total haven't brewed since I moved to TN.  Was spoiled by the large brew supply distributors in the Twin cities.  Always bottled, never moved to kegging.  I hated bottling days way to much cleaning and sterilization.  Sure enjoyed the drinking days.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    I brew master
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • I'm attempting at becoming one.  I brewed my first batch, an Irish Red, about 5 weeks ago but have been way too busy with out of town guests and other new house to weekend to do lists to get it into bottles.  Hopefully this weekend i'll be able to get it bottled and another batch going.  Planning on having alot of brew and que saturdays this fall.
  • chays99
    chays99 Posts: 41
    I'm not quite the brewmaster, but I have been brewing for a few years.  I stepped up to all grain about a year and a half ago.

I currently run a three tap keezer that I'm ready to upgrade.  On tap now is a lemon lime hefe, a blonde ale, and a very hoppy pale ale.  I've got another blonde ale in the fermentation chamber right now since its a crowd pleaser with the BMC crowd.
  • I got my degree in fermentation, specializing in brewing. In my previous life I did a short stint at a brewery here in the PNW and had the opportunity to move up at some breweries elsewhere in the nation. Couldn't bring myself to leave the area and family. Glad I did. I now get to play with other people's food and brewing is still a fun hobby/passion and not a job. 
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • BREWnQ
    BREWnQ Posts: 219
    Have a batch of IPA that'll finish conditioning this weekend.  I love brewing its tough finding the time to do it with a baby.  I've brewed both all grain and extract, prefer extract due to its simplicity.  I'm a coors light kinda guy so brewing complex beers aint really my thing.  I stick to Reds, Pale Ales and IPA's.  If someone's got an IPA that they want to trade I'd love to trade.  
    Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
    Orange, CA
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    I'm a Brew drinking Master. :D

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.