Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ozark Oak in OKC ... Thank-you

Logger
Logger Posts: 309
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum
Because of Henapple, (I think I pissed him off) I really wanted to try the "double ott".  I found a place in Piedmont that sold OO for almost 11 dollars a bag, but, I bought some anyway to try...sorry, that's more than a dollar a pound.  Amazon had it for around 12 bucks a bag.  I could find it in Tulsa but, that's not a good alternative since it's 90 miles away and they don't carry but a few bags at a time.  (Where's the Tulsa Eggers?)
I just happen to be on Warehouse Market's website and found out that they carry it too and they are on SW 59th in OKC.
At 5.19 a bag ... that comes to less than 60¢ per pound with tax.  That I can live with.
I want to thank Henapple for turning me on to this...I really like the lump.

OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs

Comments

• nemo
    nemo Posts: 113
    They are asking 15 a bag in Allen , TX....forget the name of the BGE dealer there. Needless to say I didn't buy any. Went to Whole Food instead instead...spent 5.85 for a 9 lb bag.
    Fairview, Texas
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Not sure why you think you pissed me off....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Logger
    @henapple
    Don't you remember doubling the price? 
    Just kidding...I'm really thankful for your offering to bring me some at only 6 bucks a bag! WOW.  No wonder PBR's are part of the deal...LOL Love those PBR's.
    Are you going to try to make the Oklahoma Eggfest in October?
    Thanks again for the offer.
  • henapple
    Probably not... Will be in okc next week. I can possibly bring some oo... Let me know.
  • cfwilen
    cfwilen Posts: 27
    Waiting on mine - but it's coming.

I'm in Portland, OR.  Only way to get OO around here is to order online.  Luckily for me, my parents had to go to Rogers, AR recently.  They also have to come out to Portland in late September.  They now get to travel with an SUV full of OO.  My dad picked it up at a local grocery store for under $6/bag.  Can't beat that but the wait is killing me.  Have to pick up a couple of bags of something else to get me through.
    Portland, OR
  • Logger
    I haven't used OO on a low and slow cook yet and others are saying it's not as good as another brand. 
    @henapple --- I'm sure you would have said something by now about that so, I don't have any plans on getting another brand for my next long cook.
  • henapple
    I'm not gonna start a pissing match over lump. I like Rockwood and OO. Obviously some folks can't cook on the egg as well as I do but I understand that and im a patient person and always willing to help others out.

I have no ties with OO.. Just pass on a good price on a quality product.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    henapple said:
    I'm not gonna start a pissing match over lump. I like Rockwood and OO. Obviously some folks can't cook on the egg as well as I do but I understand that and im a patient person and always willing to help others out. I have no ties with OO.. Just pass on a good price on a quality product.
    Agreed. I'm just waiting for @henapple to swing by the DC area so he can swing home with some beer in exchange.
  • henapple
    I hope you know some of that was bs
  • Logger
    No probs henapple.  Have a safe trip!
  • henapple
    I'm there next week... Want some?
  • Logger
    No, I'm in good shape for now and I have an outlet locally so, you don't have to bother.
    Thanks again though.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Great score, I have gone to Grand Lake often enough to hit up the Harps in Grove, but that will be great to have a metro area place to pick it up in-between lake trips. Thanks!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955

Best price I've found for OO in OKC is Crest Foods.

We've brought back truckloads several times in the last 5 years.

Last time...$5.23...with tax if I remember correctly!

Not a bad all around Lump...at a great price!!

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Solson005
    @Chubby I was at Crest last night, I have never even ventured into the bbq isle, which is funny as I type that. I will check it out tomorrow and report my findings. It would be great to have that kind of price less than 3 miles from me. thanks!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    nemo said:
    They are asking 15 a bag in Allen , TX....forget the name of the BGE dealer there. Needless to say I didn't buy any. Went to Whole Food instead instead...spent 5.85 for a 9 lb bag.
    $5.85 for OO at Whole Foods? Which one? Plano, Allen?
  • nemo
    nemo Posts: 113
    hornhonk...sorry to mislead you. I was referring to Whole Foods private label lump....365. It's not OO, but pretty good for $5.85.
    Fairview, Texas
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
  • Logger
    edited August 2013
    I just left Crest and they did not have OO.  I was at the one at NW 121st and Rockwell.
    @Chubby Which Crest did you find it at?
  • Solson005
    edited August 2013
    The Edmond crest did not have Ozark either. They had frontier which looks similar when you first turn down the isle, but then no green tree of goodness on the bag.