Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

I lied - one additional eggsessory

I lied.  I do have one other eggsessory that had gone unopened.  When my sister was well, she loved to eat whatever I cooked for her on the egg.  Before she passed, she gave me one last gift that's sat in it's box for more than 10 years:  A mini egg.  Never been used, and still has the old wooden/rounded handle as proof to its age.  Always was terribly afraid I'd damage it on a cook - and wasn't really portable in a car (this was before the EggKarten) for picnics in the park ... but now, partly because of you guys and this forum, I've gotten it out and will be using it shortly.

It will be serving doubly-duty:  My daughter (who's not quite four) thinks it's her egg ... and she wants to learn to cook with/like Dad. 

She likes it so much, she wants me to make her a table made for it, just like the big one.  Apparently, the nest/legs I just bought are not going to cut it  :)

I think my sister would have been proud.

StlScott

PS:  If anyone with BGE corporate reads this - the Egg aprons are wonderful, but you might want to consider doing kids' aprons, with 'Mini Egg' emblazoned on them (with a similar graphic as the one on the original).  My girlfriend is making my daughter one, but something tells me officially licensed ones would be a huge hit for families.

Comments