Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

OT Oysters in Atlanta?

Hi, Quick question for any Atlanta eggers: Where can I buy oysters in the area? Wholesale or retail, not at a restaurant. Thanks in advance.
-The Goat
Marietta, GA
XL BGE

·

Comments

• dprudpru Posts: 9
    I think super hmart would be an option.  My BIL bought some mussels there not too long ago and they were good quality.  There are a few around ATL & metro.
    ·
  • warwomanwarwoman Posts: 198

Might try DeKalb Farmer's Market on Ponce DeLeon. Huge seafood selection. I picked up jumbo shrimp and dry scallops for my seafood cook on the BGE last week.( Pics in the seafood section.)

A word of advice if you go. It's normally very cold in there, even in the heat of Summer.

From the Georgia Mountains!
    ·
  • GoatseggGoatsegg Posts: 108
    @warwoman - thanks, I drove past there last weekend and was thinking I'd stop by. Thanks.
    -The Goat
    Marietta, GA
    XL BGE

·
    @dpru - thanks, get over to Chamblee from time to time for a little Pho. I'll check it out.
    -The Goat
    Marietta, GA
    XL BGE

·
  • SmyrnaGASmyrnaGA Posts: 179
    I've seen them at Restaurant Depot sold by the case. But, you got to go early.

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

·
  • Assi plaza in duluth has oysters
    Suwanee Georgia - suburb north of Atlanta
    ·
    @smyrnaga- thanks for the tip, but I dont have a way to get into RD here in GA. In VA i was in the rest biz and had a ton of contacts with memberships.

@rolltidesmoker-I'll check that place out soon. I may stop on Sunday on my way back into town.

-The Goat
    Marietta, GA
    XL BGE

·
  • HicHic Posts: 348
    @GoatsEgg, if you get yourself a KCBS membership, that will get you in to RD.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·
    Hey, thanks. I'll look into that as soon as possible. Kansas City BbQ society I assume? ( just googled)
    -The Goat
    Marietta, GA
    XL BGE

·
  • HicHic Posts: 348

That's correct.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·
  • misumisu Posts: 213
    I ordered a case at my local Publix once, just ask the meat/fish people
    ·
  • VettemanVetteman Posts: 19
    2nd on the Restaurant Depot.
    ·
  • VettemanVetteman Posts: 19
    Any friends that have a tax id can get a membership. I own a laser tattoo removal office and got one. Told them I like to cater to my customers. They thought it was humorous and I got a membership.
    ·