Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled The Trigger

So, I just bought my new LBGE.  The only issue is I have to wait until Sep 21st to pick it up.  Got a great deal on a demo from a fest.  I was in the market for a MBGE, but couldn't pass the deal up.  I've been lurking around here for a few months. RRP pushed me on to this forum from a dry aging beef forum when he found out I was in the market for a BGE.  So I'll be reading more and more over the coming month.  Wife's none too happy I have a new hobby so y'all have to help me sway her to the dark side with ton's of good food.

Chris
Future LBGE
Chris
LBGE
Hughesville, MD

Comments

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Congrats and welcome!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Welcome aboard, Chris...glad you will be joining us eggheads! Before too long you will bleed green just like we do! I laughed about your wife comment. My wife is the first to explain to other women what a godsend a BGE is to a marriage. Now she gets great food, plus doesn't spend time in the kitchen preparing it! BTW we bought our first egg - a large - together...she immediately saw the benefit and over the course of the next couple years surprised me with the small, then the medium and then the mini. My wife is no dummy!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Like RRP says, make her one meal and she'll be hooked.
  • CP92
    CP92 Posts: 317
    Oh, I'm certain she'll come around.  She usually does.  When I took poker up, she was like OMG we're gonna be broke.  Two years later, 30K in winnings, three vacations, including one a month long, where we didn't touch the bank account and you'd think she'd have a LITTLE faith.  But alas, each and every time she needs to be come around before she's a believer.  Bottom line is I cook 100% of the meals in this house so regardless it's coming home!
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162

Welcome aboard and the common term around here for wife is SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) although you have apparently survived without total compliance

:)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CAT Seller
    CAT Seller Posts: 208
    CP92, checking out your profile pic....nice boat location?
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Welcome! 

SWMBO will come around easily. The difference in finished product was tangible right from the get-go, so it won't take long. Like RRP, my better half also waxes poetic about the egg's virtues to others. The small was an anniversary gift from her!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CP92
    @ CAT that was in the Chesapeake Bay at the Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Plant.  Buddy of mine's 25ft center console.  We were chasing strippers around the water discharge.  Helping bring another friend's cc back from the ocean to Annapolis on Sat. Nice five hour run up the Delaware Bay through the Chesapeake/Delaware canal, then down to the South River.  Was kinda bummed cause I had an offer to do an overnight out to the canyons to fish for tuna and swords, but I'd already promised my buddy I'd help him.  Hate having a conscience.  
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • Eggcelsior
    CP92, where are you located here in the land of pleasant living?
  • CP92
    Laurel, MD.  If you know where Savage Mill is, run straight up Gorman over 95.  Newer division called Emerson.  You around this area?
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • Welcome, and, good job settling with a large. You'll come to find that it should be called a perfect. Happy egging!!
  • Eggcelsior
    CP92 said:

Laurel, MD.  If you know where Savage Mill is, run straight up Gorman over 95.  Newer division called Emerson.  You around this area?

I'm in Frederick but I used to live in Columbia. My wife is from Gambrills and we both went to College Park. I'm quite familiar with the area.
  • CP92
    @ Eggcelsior are you going to the Cozyfest in Mt. Airy on the 21st?  That's where I'm picking my egg up.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • Eggcelsior
    I forgot all about it. The dealer told me about it the last time I was in. I bought my large from her.

Looking forward to it.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794

Welcome aboard.

Am I the only one trying to figure out why strippers are attracted to the water output of a nuclear plant?  And how to best put the information to use?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Foghorn said:

Welcome aboard.

Am I the only one trying to figure out why strippers are attracted to the water output of a nuclear plant?  And how to best put the information to use?

Doesn't radiation make everything bigger?
  • CP92
    @ Foghorn, the water from the discharge is warmer than the surrounding bay water, coupled with it moving and the generation of oxygen.  This attracts bait fish, which in turn attract the predators.  Plus the warmer water tends to make the fish more active.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • > will be heading to Cozyfest on the 21st from Gambrills, MD. If you need any help CP92 !
    Gambrills,Maryland

• CP92
    I sincerely appreciate it Joe.  I'll pass you my number and we can meet up at the fest!
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • erblove
    erblove Posts: 97
    Congrats...your wife will be ok as soon you start cooking. 
    Columbia, SC ~ LBGE, ThermaPen
    I love to eat...sue me!