Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Turkey Breast. MMMMMMMMM

TTCTTC Posts: 374

Did my first Turkey Breast over the weekend. I have been wanting to do this for a long time but the summer has been crazy with family life and just have not much time left for Egg pursuits.....

Anyway, brined the breast overnight, a basic salt/sugar/water brine I but added ground ginger and allspice for background notes. Rubbed with a random combination of Meathead's Rib Rub, Tony Cacherie, and Dizzy Pig Raging River -- completly random but really came out well. Cooked indirect 325 with just a bit of hickory.

Unspeakable goodness. As others have said before me, the Egg really excels at cooking bird. Juicy, just a hint of smoke, sublime.

Made slow simmered grean beans with ham hock, cornbread dressing to go along - and used the drippings from the drip pan to throw together a pan sauce/gravy.

MMMMMMMMM

XL BGE - Gallatin, TN
bird.JPG 754.7K
bird2.JPG 587K
bird3.JPG 106.6K
·

Comments

• jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,407
    Very nice looking cook!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,309
    Look's good from here!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273

Looks very good.  I have been wondering about cooking a turkey breast, I never have.

What temp did you cook to?  Do you have an approximate planning time per pound?  

Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • Looks great! My first was not good- definitely gonna brine the next one
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,041
    Looks awesome!!! I am doing one this weekend, hope it turns out as good as yours looks

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·