Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Breast. MMMMMMMMM

TTC
TTC Posts: 1,035

Did my first Turkey Breast over the weekend. I have been wanting to do this for a long time but the summer has been crazy with family life and just have not much time left for Egg pursuits.....

Anyway, brined the breast overnight, a basic salt/sugar/water brine I but added ground ginger and allspice for background notes. Rubbed with a random combination of Meathead's Rib Rub, Tony Cacherie, and Dizzy Pig Raging River -- completly random but really came out well. Cooked indirect 325 with just a bit of hickory.

Unspeakable goodness. As others have said before me, the Egg really excels at cooking bird. Juicy, just a hint of smoke, sublime.

Made slow simmered grean beans with ham hock, cornbread dressing to go along - and used the drippings from the drip pan to throw together a pan sauce/gravy.

MMMMMMMMM

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer

Comments