Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Youtube | Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.
In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center
! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.
Spicy-Crispy Jerk Wings and Mixed parts (picture)
trying to keep things simple lately with a 2 week old baby in the house. Those long-2 cigar-grill a thons are on hold for a few months. Threw this recipe together using a combination of recipes online.
- rub chicken skin with half lime, then lightly salt (i like to use tenderizer needles on breast)
- combine 1/2c walkerswood jerk marinade, 2tbsp dark rum, 2 tbsp canola, wisk together
- throw in a bag and marinate overnight
- lightly smoke with pecan or cherry indirect 250-300 for 1 hr turning once
- remover setter and grill direct at 400 until skin is crisp
I love this tecnique for getting the skin very crisp. I use just a touch of wlakerswood jerk bbq sauce on the white meat to give it a little extra zing. great stuff if you have never tried it and can find it buy it. primary ingredient are bannanas...