Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ in Huntsville

Headin' up to 'SpaceTown' in 'BAMa for some biz, certainly there's going to be some BBQ to sample. Any recommendations will be dealt with appropriately and appreciated greatly! THANKs

Comments

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

Chuck Wagon BBQ for the bestest briskets and fantastic ribs. You better get there BEFORE they open their doors everyday, else you will get nothing. There is always a line waiting.

Close second will be Dreamland BBQ.

Whatever you do go to chuck wagon with an appetite. It will look like a hole in the wall.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Thanks, Av. Turns out Chuck Wagon is just down the street from where I'm staked out. But they're closed on Mondays so guess what, Dreamland's just as close in the other direction so slid over there and had the rib plate. Not bad, certainly not 'competition'. Instead were 'you tug off the bone'. But I like them that way, they're turbo, flavor is good, sauce was tangy, sides just right. We'll try CW tomorrow.
  • SteveWPBFL
    Chuck Wagon BBQ is the real deal. The rib and brisket plate is a 'man's lunch'. And served up by the man himself. The line had more buzz than a Starbuck's refill line. Definitely first rate!
  • billybon
    billybon Posts: 213
    Steve, have you found any BBQ back in WPB that would compare to what you ate in Huntsville?
  • SteveWPBFL
    edited August 2013
    None in Chuck Wagon's class. With the Egg I beat the one's in WPB. But I have a ways to go to get to CW level. And anyway, it's all about the journey!
  • billybon
    billybon Posts: 213
    None in Chuck Wagon's class. With the Egg I beat the one's in WPB. But I have a ways to go to get to CW level. And anyway, it's all about the journey!
    Amen!
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Geez I got all excited there for a minute. Thought you meant Huntsville Ontario eh?

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Glad you liked it. Have to fly down to HSV, God, I miss Chuck Wagon. That and Rosie's Cantina.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• GreenhawK
    GreenhawK Posts: 398
    My friends Own 306 BBQ in Athens. It is on the East side of town and not a bad drive from Huntsville. It is excellent, and better than any in Huntsville that I have been to.  

Moe's BBQ in Providence is supposed to be pretty good.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • SteveWPBFL
    The guy running CW is deadpan serious, spent 20 years in the o'l bidness in Texas. I was in line for lunch opening and they were running late. It was interesting to watch them bringing in all their meats. Pork butts were dark mahogany and wrapped in cellophane. Brisket came in in a metal pan with cover. Interesting to watch 'Ol' Tex' handle the briskets and pull the pork right there at the serving station. Briskets flopped around like they were alive. Pork just exploded apart with the first few pulls. He sliced my brisket and dropped in my to go box and it broke up. He apologized and said it's not chopped it's just tender. I went back for chicken dinner and the T shirt!
  • SteveWPBFL
    Been to Huntsville, can't stay away from Chuckwagon now. Four times in five days. Am I wrong for missing a day? Ol' Tex must think I'm a stalker now. Talked to him a bit, real nice guy. He likes the BGE, but would need 30 for his business. Anyway, they're consistent. And as good as the brisket is the ribs are my favorite. Is it ok to ask how they do them? I can see that they cook with propane and wood, think it's oak, not sure. Propane. How's that? The warmers are set at 145F. They keep everthing wrapped in cellophane. Man I love their BBQ. Now I know how I want my ribs to come out.