Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rockwood group buy for DFW area

Tried to convince a local retailer to pick it up - no go. Have cooked with a couple of bags, sold on it. Need more. Any interest in getting a pallet or two shipped down?
Cookin in Texas
·

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768
    How many bags is a pallet and how much per bag? I might be interested in some but need more details as I'm sure others do.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,821
    I will get some if someone makes the trip to California with it....
    ·
  • alfredoalfredo Posts: 6
    when are you thinking about putting this order together? what price are we looking at per bag?
    I might be interested.
    ·
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 1,143
    Griffin said:

How many bags is a pallet and how much per bag? I might be interested in some but need more details as I'm sure others do.

30 bags per pallet, 20# bags
    BYS1981 said:

I will get some if someone makes the trip to California with it....

That will be the only way it could get into California. Prop65 is too much liability for us. Sorry. :(

Connect:  Website  -  Facebook  -  Twitter

·
  • PacuarePacuare Posts: 74
    I might be interested in five bags or so depending on price and where the pick up will be located.
    ·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273

STL - what would the price be per bag?

I love the charcoal, it is my wicked good replacement.   STL shipped me 3 bags, on the 3rd bag now.

Have saved it for low and slow cooks.

I have posted on it before - at higher temps, if your cooking at 350 and above its very good, but not that much better than OO.  But at lower temps - much better than OO.

I will take 5 to 10 bags, variable based on interest.  If I need to take more to make it work I will, but if making it work means more people getting in - I can be flexible.

Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • NavymomNavymom Posts: 57
    Might be interested depending on price & pick-up point.
    Wear maroon, live maroon, bleed maroon.
    Denton TX
    ·
  • chays99chays99 Posts: 32
    I'm interested.  Pricing will determine whether I want a couple of bags or several bags.
    ·
  • ProserProser Posts: 159
    If the price is right, looks like a couple of pallets might be needed. I'm interested. Maybe a shipping point in the mid cities for easy pickup?
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, and a Mini Max
    ·
    Need to know a delivery zip.

Residential and/or liftgate service adds $70-200 depending on the carrier, so try to find a business with a dock or forklift that will accept the delivery for you.

Otherwise, you can always pick it up at the depot by the airport.

·

I have a small trailer, can help distribute if needed.   I do not have access to a loading dock.  Open to anywhere in the DFW area.

Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • cpilot1cpilot1 Posts: 9
      I would be interested in a least ten bags, just need some more details.
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    I'm open to some bags also if price is right.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·

Probably $16-17/bag for the first pallet.  That will drop if you get 2-3.  I won't have an exact number until I have a delivery ZIP.

·
    I have a business with a forklift in Kennedale zip is 76060. Not the most convenient but it is available
    ·
    That would work for me, I would not mind driving over.   I live north, but near DFW airport.  I would not mind driving over and hauling some back to the north side of town for folks there.
    Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • nemonemo Posts: 103
    Also interested....
    Fairview, Texas
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,738
    I've been wanting to try Rockwood for some time but now that my sister moved out of Dallas, I don't get up there anymore. If anyone from Houston gets in on this maybe we can work something out. 

My sis had to move just when a Rockwood group buy is being organized!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,315
    caliking said:
    I've been wanting to try Rockwood for some time but now that my sister moved out of Dallas, I don't get up there anymore. If anyone from Houston gets in on this maybe we can work something out. 

My sis had to move just when a Rockwood group buy is being organized!
    @caliking - Maybe we should see if there is some interest for a Houston group buy! I would be.

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,738
    @RAC - now there's an idea! I've got a fair stash of lump in the garage now, but maybe we can revisit the idea when I start running low. Hope some other folks in Houston are interested.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • I'm interested, 3-4 bags, possibly more
    Large BGE and a couple non-greenies
    Roanoke TX
    ·

I think there is enough interest, we have a shipping location.

Can we get a possible count?

BoatBum 10

Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,300
    someone post or send me the manufacturing info.  if it makes sense, I can stock it here in Denton at the store.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·

Talk  to STLCHARCOL

Cookin in Texas
    ·

Guys, just plan on $16-17/bag NO TAX to a business address the Dallas area......it might even be lower than that, but definitely not higher.

When you get it worked out how many bags and the exact location, I can let you know the total.

·
    At $16-17/ bag, I'm in for 5
    ·
  • chays99chays99 Posts: 32
    I will take 5 bags. I'm in Rockwall and can help distribute to the east side if needed.
    ·
    chays99   5
    Proser 5
    boatbum 10
    Pork n Stein 3
    Pacare 5

tuttle ?
    Griffin ?

If I missed anyone - chime in - or if I got amounts incorrect.

Looks like 28 bags so far.  I can flex up or down to make the pallet count work out.

Looks like a 1 pallet so far, just trying to get a handle on getting this going.

I am down to my last bag.  Will use it up this weekend.

Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • I'll do 5 bags.
    ·
  • PacuarePacuare Posts: 74
    At $16-17 a bag, I would like to increase to 8 bags.
    ·