Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wow Cazzy you da man!!!!

I'm sure by now many of you have been cooking away and enjoying your rubs and sauces that you received from your elf during the rub and sauce exchange a few months back. I myself never received a package even though I was paired up with my own elf. Unfortunately my rub and sauce package got lost in the mail and it never showed up:( 

Disappointed was an understatement!!!

My package got lost in the mail and I figured that was it....I'm out and that I would never see any rubs or sauces.Well was I ever wrong! To my surprise Cazzy was my elf and he graciously reorganized and created the best package of rubs and sauces anyone could ever want. I received all that my wishlist stated and so much more. From Byron's butt rub to championship rubs from Texas!!

You know what they say "they save the best for last" well in this case that's hard to argue:)

Thank you so much Cazzy you have stocked me up for at least a year with new sauces and rubs and I appreciate it greatly.It was definitely worth the wait!!!!

Thank you  Cazzy....wow!!!!

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Hulluva guy.  And he bought it all twice!

You enjoy all that rub!!

XLBGE 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    If we had an Outstanding Egghead of The Year Award, Cazzy would likely get it.

Bravo, sir!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593

caliking said:
    If we had an Outstanding Egghead of The Year Award, Cazzy would likely get it. Bravo, sir!
    He deserves it and more....the pkg actually weighed 31 lbs!!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Great story. Nicely done cazzy. Also, I must have missed this "rub and sauce exchange" a few months back? Is there any plans for another one?
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    @Cazzy, where'd you find the Bad Byron's in SA? I grab it at Jeff's. Nice touch with theWhataburger condiments.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Da man?... @cazzy is 13 years old, waiting for them to drop. :D
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    GQuiz said:

@Cazzy, where'd you find the Bad Byron's in SA? I grab it at Jeff's. Nice touch with theWhataburger condiments.

Jeff's Backyard is the only place I've found the big bottle of Byron's.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy

Great story. Nicely done cazzy. Also, I must have missed this "rub and sauce exchange" a few months back? Is there any plans for another one?

Yeah, I'm sure we'll do another around Christmas time.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Jackpot! The head country sauce is great. We got some during our vacation road trip and it will become our go to rib sauce. It is not available locally but they deliver to Canada and a box of 12 + shipping comes up to about the retail price we paid.

It is people like Cazzy that make this forum and EggFests special. I am proud to call him friend. You are special man.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    That's super duper Herr Cazz-man. Some douchebag thief is really lucky too.
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760

You may start suspecting everyone in the forum especially those eggheads living close to you since they know about the "exchange" going down

:D

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited August 2013
    I knew who Cazzy had and was very surprised that Canman1976 had not posted, Jamie posts for just about everything else! 

It was not just the time to re-buy and pack up all that wonderful BBQ stuff from Texas, the cost to send the package is often more than the cost of the contents. 

Could not have asked for two more understanding guys to share this unfortunate circumstance. 
    (and a pox on the bastard who stole the original, hope they choke on a chicken bone)

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Nsdexter
    Nsdexter Posts: 195
    Nice! All stuff you'd never find on the rock ! He'll even in Nb, ns, pei, and most of que!
    HFX NS
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    cazzy said:
    Yeah, I'm sure we'll do another around Christmas time.
    Looking forward to it, count me in!
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    @cazzy, we better do one for Christmas. I'm sure we'll all have lots of surprises in store.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    All I can say is WOW!  @Cazzy that was far above and beyond the call of duty. 

@canman1976- anyone ever tell you that you look like Seth McFarlane?   Can you do the Stewie voice? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• cazzy

I knew who Cazzy had and was very surprised that Canman1976 had not posted, Jamie posts for just about everything else! 

It was not just the time to re-buy and pack up all that wonderful BBQ stuff from Texas, the cost to send the package is often more than the cost of the contents. 

Could not have asked for two more understanding guys to share this unfortunate circumstance. 
    (and a pox on the bastard who stole the original, hope they choke on a chicken bone)

I think it's okay to voice this because it's part of the story and quite funny if you asked me. It took Jamie a while, but he recently IM'ed me (not knowing I was his elf...kinda my goal) and was losing faith that his package would ever arrive. I found myself answering him as the exchange moderator and then later as his elf. It was quite entertaining if you ask me. I would watch my writing style so he wasn't clued in and avoided using anything that would lead him back to Texas. Which included not furnishing tracking numbers.

In addition, I actually made a email just to correspond and keep him up to date (eggheadelf@gmail.com). Lots of effort, but totally worth it. Especially finding out that none of this can be found in NL. Talking to him on the phone was a hoot...just hearing his enjoyment.

Jamie showed a ton of patience with the delay and the entire circumstance. Going through the claim process and customs forms sucked big time, and I was still unsure if this package would arrive. I'm glad I was on vacation and left the tracking number, saved me from stalking the shipping progress.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Like he says, Cazzy you are "da man". 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Nice Job Cazzy.

Johns Creek, Georgia