Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Long time since last posting

I still read...just had too many other things come up that made money...like fishing and my sons online tackle business.    I read alot...and yes, I've seen some of the comments...both good and bad :-)   

Most of you didn't know that I'm an avid fisherman and do pretty good at it :-)     I still fire up my Egg ...post it sometimes on the GON.com fishing forum.  come see me on Facebook....Lanier Baits....or my sons website www.lanierbaits.com    -   I think vidalia1 figured it out a while back...big fisherman.   Plus - my attempt at humor didn't work....I just cook on the Egg...have fun...not a chef or nothing....then would post and laugh about being an expert :-)   That was the funny part...simple foods that sounded like you were at a 5 star restaurant.   Funny to me and a few folks...not too much to others.   

Great to be remembered and thought about...good or bad.    Keep posting...I enjoy trying to cook as good as most of you guys.   

Have a great Holiday Season -

LJ 

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited December 2012

Thought you died.

ps: Happy New Year

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Nope - I didn't attend my own funeral :-)    Good to hear from you...figured I'd give you and a couple of others a shock.   Glad to see you guys are still going at it strong. 

LJ

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Mickey said:

Thought you died.

ps: Happy New Year

I nearly pissed myself on that one.
  • IrishDevl

I still read...just had too many other things come up that made money...like fishing and my sons online tackle business.    I read alot...and yes, I've seen some of the comments...both good and bad :-)   

Most of you didn't know that I'm an avid fisherman and do pretty good at it :-)     I still fire up my Egg ...post it sometimes on the GON.com fishing forum.  come see me on Facebook....Lanier Baits....or my sons website www.lanierbaits.com    -   I think vidalia1 figured it out a while back...big fisherman.   Plus - my attempt at humor didn't work....I just cook on the Egg...have fun...not a chef or nothing....then would post and laugh about being an expert :-)   That was the funny part...simple foods that sounded like you were at a 5 star restaurant.   Funny to me and a few folks...not too much to others.   

Great to be remembered and thought about...good or bad.    Keep posting...I enjoy trying to cook as good as most of you guys.   

Have a great Holiday Season -

LJ 
    Jim - do you want to sell us bait?
  • I remember you, Jim.  Welcome back !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092

Well, well it is good to see you post again...I hope you will stick around some...your "expertise" and "sense of humor" is appreciated by us of the low brow mentality ....you know low friends and all...hope all is well with the new venture...keep on fishin' & cookin' we will meet up one of these days...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!

:))
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited December 2012
    vidalia1 said:

is appreciated by us of the low brow mentality ....

Being "low brow" is a requirement for membership on this forum.  DUI, misdemeanor, indecent exposure, and disturbing the peace convictions are preferred, but not required.   :ar!

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• IrishDevl
    vidalia1 said:

is appreciated by us of the low brow mentality ....

Being "low brow" is a requirement for membership on this forum.  DUI, misdemeanor, indecent exposure, and disturbing the peace convictions are preferred, but not required.   :ar!
    VI, here is to hoping you get off with a misdemeanor for that little flashing incident and the thing with the beagle.  Good luck man.  
  • IrishDevl
    Jim - if you are as low brow as these guys state we should get along just fine. Welcome.
  • IrishDevl said:
    and the thing with the beagle.  Good luck man.  
    She's lying.  It was someone who looked like me.  It wasn't me !

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Lanier Jim
    Lanier Jim Posts: 505

Howdy again - I'm guessing every 6-8 months should be okay to keep some folks happy...that are not happy to see me again....dang, did I say that right :-)   

Still cooking on the egg, fishing, and selling produce....and the son is still going strong with his online tackle company.   Now - any new recipes...I mean some good ones out there?    Wife wants something different with chicken or steaks.  

Thanks folks -

LJ

• allsid
    allsid Posts: 492
    edited August 2013
    Jim-  I just made Grilled Lemonade for the first time-  It was fantastic!  Along with it, I have been doing Beef Filet skewered with a green onion and brushed with Soy Vay.  Served over a bed of rice and a homemade peanut sauce for dipping-  That is a fun one and can be done as an app with the Lemonade.  Of course, a distilled spirit of your choice can be added to take the Lemonade to professional grade-

On an un related note-  Are you any relation to the Lanier here in Montana who own's a fly fishing shop called Bigfork Anglers?

Just curious-  P

Proud resident of Missoula, MT
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingMontana
    http://grillingmontana.com
    https://instagram.com/grillingmontana

Check out my book on Kamado cooking called Exclusively Kamado:
    http://bit.ly/kamadobook

• Mickey
    edited August 2013
    imagePhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos imageimageimageimage
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Wow @Mickey ! The stuffing can be anything! What was yours?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Mickey
    Goat cheese mixed with a little cream cheese and this:
    Wow @Mickey ! The stuffing can be anything! What was yours?

• Lanier Jim
    Lanier Jim Posts: 505

Back again!   Man, those two recipes look great....still confused on the lemonade thingy :-)   

No relation to Lanier in Montana....if you're on facebook, join us at Lanier Baits.   

I'm doing 2 roasted chickens tomorrow....one on my small and one on the mini...it's been a while since I've done a standing chicken....any advice on temp?   I guess I could look around on here for the answer.  

Now - any ideas on a new table for the Mini?   I've looked around online but haven't found anything "cool" and simple.    

Thanks guys - LJ