Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time T-Rex method.....

Options
Bought a pack of beef tenderloins from Costco. Being that they are over 2" thick, the T-Rex method looked like perfect way to cook them.  They came out great.  I used two fist-sized chunks of mesquite after the sear part of the cook and it was perfect.  The only issue that came up was that my wife and daughter like their steaks more on the medium side.  So to obtain the doneness for them, I left theirs on for another 5-6 minutes after I took mine off (rare/medium rare for me). In doing so, they had a much more smokey taste than mine, almost too much. I think they liked the flavor of the mesquite, just not as much.  Next time should I sear theirs longer to insure that they are done enough to pull off when I take mine off, or buy thinner cuts of meat? Here is a picture of mine, it was excellent.

Comments