Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Just got my BGE.

Hell everybody. I just joined the forum after buying my BGE.

I scored a pretty good deal at the Iowa State Fair. Large BGE, Nest, Plate Setter, Ash Tool, Grate Grabber, 1 Box fire starters, and 1 bag charcoal...all for $850.

I just assembled the egg yesterday (8/25) and am looking forward to firing it up this week.

I look forward to reading your stories and recipes as well as sharing some of my own.

·

Comments

• robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,719
    Welcome to the madness.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • bettysnephewbettysnephew Posts: 855
    edited August 2013

Aren't those folks from Prairie Ag a great bunch.  Good prices ad excellent service.  Welcome aboard the SS Obsession.  Therapy will be available.

Where are you located in Iowa?

David

See der Rabbits, Iowa
    ·
  • BuckdodgerBuckdodger Posts: 894
    Congrats and welcome...first cook is going to be ???

Alexander City,Al
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 602
    edited August 2013
    Congrats and Welcome. Iowa State Fair was something I attended a lot as a kid. Where do you live in Iowa?

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • HAWKCARLHAWKCARL Posts: 63

The guys at PrairieAg were top notch for sure.

I live in Altoona, IA...just East of Des Moines.

·
  • Welcome aboard!
    ·
  • Welcome, your gonna love it. It's an addiction and a certifiable condition. 
    Madison, CT
    LBGE June 2013. 

·
  • Welcome!  That's a great deal.  Have fun with it.
    Large BGE
    GR
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    Welcome...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,607
    I lived in Iowa City 2006 -09. Miss it sometimes. Welcome!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • erbloveerblove Posts: 83
    Just in time for college football...nice. Welcome
    Columbia, SC ~ LBGE, ThermaPen
    I love to eat...sue me!
    ·
  • Welcome from Wolverine Country!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,940
    Welcome aboard.  It is a game-changer.
    Louisville
    ·
    Welcome from Wolverine Country! image

Thanks. I was there in 2010. Tailgated at the golf course across the street from the stadium. Had an awesome time and the fans treated us very well considering we were in enemy territory.
    ·
  • minniemohminniemoh Posts: 1,191
    Welcome HAWKCARL! GO HAWKS! Hawk fan from MN here.  Nothing beats the BGE for gameday cooks. I hope we don't need too much "comfort food" to make it through this season. We're heading to Kinnick to see the opener this weekend. Plan to take some pre-egged tailgate deliciousness to reheat on Melrose. 
    L x2, M, S, and Mini. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
    ·
    minniemoh said:
    Welcome HAWKCARL! GO HAWKS! Hawk fan from MN here.  Nothing beats the BGE for gameday cooks. I hope we don't need too much "comfort food" to make it through this season. We're heading to Kinnick to see the opener this weekend. Plan to take some pre-egged tailgate deliciousness to reheat on Melrose. 

I'll be there this weekend too. I've been a season ticket holder since 1994, only missed 3 home games in that period of time. Also been to road games at Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, and both of the NIU games at Soldier Field.

·
  • HAWKCARL said:

Welcome from Wolverine Country! image
    Thanks. I was there in 2010. Tailgated at the golf course across the street from the stadium. Had an awesome time and the fans treated us very well considering we were in enemy territory.

I'm glad you had a good time! Not many in Ann Arbor are two-headed monsters. Columbus, on the other hand...

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,314
    Welcome aboard!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • NervousDadNervousDad Posts: 283
    Wow that sounds like a good deal. I just got mine last week and I paid 1k(tax I included)for the lbge ,plate setter and nest. :( I didn't do must shopping around though.
    Aurora,OH
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,428
    Welcome neighbor.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 455
    Go Badgers!
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
    ·