Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rutland XL question

Yeah so I tweaked the Nomex gasket enough on the last pizza cook that I am just going Rutland. Is 7 feet not enough to get around the XL?
·

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 14,744
    When you do the math it would seem that 7 feet is enough for an XL but it is not! Reason is you need to "bunch"the Rutland back into itself so that the 5\8" flat braided gasket becomes wider and thicker so that only one layer need be applied and not both sides. If you have a source you need to buy 9 feet to do the job properly. Do I know what I'm talking about you might ask...well tomorrow I'm shipping Rutland gasket #865 to an egger in Ga. This is a non profit service I have been doing for 11 years now. Email me if you want to know more...
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,120
    edited August 2013
    @TonyA, you'd be a wise man to take RRP up on his offer.  Received my XL gasket from him about a month ago.  Installed it to his directions and it went perfectly. 

Love it and my Egg performs Eggcellently now.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 554
    I just hit him up offline.
    ·
  • ........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 554
    Thanks @Fred19Flintstone. Considering my 'tweak' was gaps in both top and bottom applications that's good intel
    ·
    TonyA...reply just sent...seems like my replies end up in some people's spam files. If you don't get it soon just holler back and I'll try way.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
    Got it! Will ship in the morning!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 1,090
    The xl needs 84".

Connect:  Website  -  Facebook  -  Twitter

·
    The xl needs 84".

84" when using a Nomex, but his question was about using a Rutland and in that case due to the application method I strongly suggest then he needs 108" or In other words 9 feet.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·