Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza on the Mini BGE

Anything I should know before doing pizza on the mini tonight? I plan on using the woo with one stone on the bottom level, then the std grate, then the second stone on top of that. Preheat for about 20 min at 550 or 600 (wide open), then throw the pizza on. Does that sound about right? Will the small amount of lump maintain that temp for that long? I plan on throwing a second pizza on after the first one comes off. Thx for any advice and I'll be sure to post pix later. :)

Comments

• SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,742
    Just fine I've done 5 mini pizzas w lump to spare
    Seattle, WA
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,710
    edited August 2013
    Thx, @SkinnyV. They turned out fantastic! I only took the dome temp to around 425-450 deg f and allowed the second stone to preheat for about 4 or 5 min. Here are tonight's Margarita Pizzas. I will post more pix once I'm back from vacation. :)

image.jpg 1.7M
    image.jpg 1.8M