Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Corn Salad, Grilled Cauliflower, Surf & Turf (prime strip and scallops)

Options
Just some work flow pics from last nights dinner.  Pretty much everything cooked on the eggs.  The night before I made a large batch of corn salad and didn't grab pictures of that.

Often times, when firing up the egg, I'll get one or two peppers and toss them directly on the coals to roast them.  You know the routine, once, they're all blackened up, they're done.  After doing the peppers, I put the grill on and did some tomatoes and then tossed my corn directly on the grill surface without prepping it at all.  That's how I do my corn, no soaking, no peeling back the husk, nothing.  Just toss it on and rotate it.  WHen it's burnt up looking, it's done.  The husk and silk pulls away cleanly and the corn will be perfectly cooked.  I like to get some carmelization on my corn so I often let it go a little longer paying attention to not burn the kernals.  Then with a serrated knife, I cut all the corn off, mix with my diced tomatoe and roasted peppers, some fresh herbs and then season with salt and pepper.  Voila, killer corn salad! :)

For the cauliflower, I made a marinade in the morning, which was basically a salad dressing I made with dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, olive oil, some dried herbs, (rosemary and oregano) and salt and pepper.  I cut the cauliflower up to same size pieces and marinaded all day in the fridge.

I had a nice Allen Brothers prime strip steak I tossed on the hot grill

then got the cauliflower going with it

guard dog keeping intruders at bay

next, some nice, large nantucket scallops

chow time!

"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
 Brillat-Savarin

Comments