Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I almost did it.

Options
We went to this fundraiser last night that was hosted by the bank my wife works at called 100 men that cook. They had tables with samples of their food and a couple of the guys cooked on the Egg and brought ribs and what I thought was the best turkey I had ever eaten. Long story short all the proceeds from tickets,tip and the live auction were to donated to the YMCA. A local dealer had donated a large BGE,nest and a bag of lump and since it was for charity I just had to try and buy it. I backed out at $1700 and I think it sold for $1800. I had told my wife I would not go any more than double what it would cost and she agreed only because it was for a good cause. All in all it was an awesome event

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    Sounds like a great night. Did you wind up winning any other bids?

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Nope. We did bid on a couple vacation packages and a shopping spree but with the same rules as the egg, only double the actual worth. Even though we came home empty handed we did help run the numbers up for the cause.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.