Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Mini........kinda

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Lowflyer said:

Mine arrives tmrw, wife has no clue. Bday party a ways away, could be 7-8pm before getting home. Gonna be interesting how this goes down.

You might want to hold off on getting her that SIG...
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    bo31210 said:

If I hear fireworks I know it didn't go well @lowflyer

Trying to score a new pistol, house up for sale cos she wants a bigger one, and she's preggo and I got a 3rd grill sitting on the doorstep!! Her hormones= this can't go well.

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    Mine arrives tmrw, wife has no clue. Bday party a ways away, could be 7-8pm before getting home. Gonna be interesting how this goes down.
    You might want to hold off on getting her that SIG...

I agree with Eggcelsior. Take the firing pins out of what's accessible before that thing shows up on the porch.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Lowflyer
    Kub shows up today, she's been warned, I told her I had a pkg coming, no idea it's another grill. We go to the gun store tmrw.... if all goes well that is.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Lowflyer said:
    Kub shows up today, she's been warned, I told her I had a pkg coming, no idea it's another grill. We go to the gun store tmrw.... if all goes well that is.

Its gonna be OK. I am/was in the same boat. Its all good.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Lowflyer
    I just showed her a pic of it and she says "what do we need that for?" I say a steak or a cpl pieces of chicken, she says " why do we have a small then?" I just shrugged my shoulders. Hopefully it won't be busted up when it gets here.
  • Aviator
    Tell her with this you can actually take her places and not be at home tied down to these big eggs. Kinda lame, but I was in the same spot. Had a large and a small.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Lowflyer
    Aviator said:

Tell her with this you can actually take her places and not be at home tied down to these big eggs. Kinda lame, but I was in the same spot. Had a large and a small.

Good idea, just have to make good and tote it somewhere and fire it up. Would love to take to the beach next week but don't think the condo will allow.
  • Aviator
    Knock Knock. @lowflyer, yu still alive?

Chattanooga, TN.

• mark_08
    mark_08 Posts: 39
    Came home to a nice surprise! The kub was waiting for me at my door steps! Delivery wasn't supposed to happen until Tuesday. It came in pretty good shape, just one little chip but not that big of a concern to me. Here are a couple of pics.
    Medium Egg & Mini Max. Huntsville, TX
  • Aviator
    edited August 2013

Made grilled chicken (like kebabs) last night. Rained on me, the lil one took its time to really get going. Maybe I need to buy him a HiQ.

Performed really well and am pleased. Here are some pics. Thought I shot a finished pic, apparently not.

Chattanooga, TN.

• bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    @lowflyer. See if you can cook on the kub on the beach. Have her a blanket to sit on, flowers,etc. you may dodge the bullet yet!
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • Lowflyer
    I
    Aviator said:

I'm here, headed north 71 miles back from the bday party. I text my neighbor, he says I got no package. USPS says the Kub left Memphis yest. Maybe Mon. Still going gun shopping tmrw. B-)
  • Aviator
    Lowflyer said:
    I
    I'm here, headed north 71 miles back from the bday party. I text my neighbor, he says I got no package. USPS says the Kub left Memphis yest. Maybe Mon. Still going gun shopping tmrw. B-)
    Nice to hear. Keep checking in, we may need to call in a chopper. I mean a whirlybird. Not Babbitt.
    :D

Chattanooga, TN.

• Lowflyer
    bo31210 said:

@lowflyer. See if you can cook on the kub on the beach. Have her a blanket to sit on, flowers,etc. you may dodge the bullet yet!

The condo will allow grilling, just not on the balcony. The Kub will be going to New SMYRNA Beach, if its not busted up on delivery.
  • Lowflyer
    @ Aviator, very nice pics. Was hoping to use the lil fella tmrw.
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    Yes, the KUB works and cooks just fine. For those with any chips,( and having purchased from a warrantee-able source), the chip repair kit makes for a near invisible repair. Also, I put a drop of 3-In-1 type oil on each pivot point on the hinge and it makes for a notciably smoother feeling when stroking the dome open or closed.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    The oil is a great recommendation   Mine had the squeaks as well.  Also, that little plastic thing on the top doesnt last too long.    Just my casual observation LOL.   I didnt cook on it today but ran a small load of lump through it to break it in so to speak.   lIghts fast and burns clean.  Ran up to around 650 with no real effort or time.    Pretty pleased so far.     
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • Lowflyer
    I'm excited about this lil knockoff. Hope it arrives problem free and I get sum fresh Redfish and Grouper on it next week. I've never grilled my own food on a beach trip, so I'm stoked to say the least.
  • Everybody thats getting them in the mail are they coming from .  http://usabestdealz.com/home-3/vision-grills-kamado-classic
    Im still searching but not trying to to pay $250-$300 or giving first born child for one.
  • Mine is supposed to arrive Tuesday, but I think I was one of the last to get my order filled.
    Large BGE and a couple non-greenies
    Roanoke TX
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Yes. I ordered one from the USABestDealsZ and it came cracked. As far as I know, I'm the only unlucky one.

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• Im hoping to find a connection in New York for one but not looking good so far.  SmyrnaGA your only option to get a refund? That a bummer sorry to hear that.
  • SmyrnaGA
    edited August 2013
    No, they offered to send another one right away. I decided to get a refund instead since I felt it'll most like come damaged again.

Nothing against the website, it's my local USPS I don't trust.

in Smyrna GA.

• Lowflyer
    SmyrnaGA said:

No, they offered to send another one right away. I decided to get a refund instead since I felt it'll most like come damaged again.

Nothing against the website, it's my local USPS I don't trust.

Mine was supposed to hit yest and didn't. I guess maybe tmrw. Who did you contact when u found out yours was busted?
  • SmyrnaGA
    I called the support number on the website and left a message. Dennis called back within 2 hours. Originally, mine was suppose to come on the 17, but, it didn't come until 19 (Monday). His number and my pix can be found earlier in this thread.

in Smyrna GA.

• Lowflyer
    SmyrnaGA said:

I called the support number on the website and left a message. Dennis called back within 2 hours. Originally, mine was suppose to come on the 17, but, it didn't come until 19 (Monday). His number and my pix can be found earlier in this thread.

Thanks for the info.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I finally got around to testing it and the Kub doesn't fit in the Carten unless you put a paver in it to keep it raised up a little. You can also take out the inside 2 bars from the carten and it would fit.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    some more kub cooks

chicago deep dish

abt's

whompin center cut chop

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    The pic of the abt's is sheer poetry.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013