Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

london broil

just marinated 3 nice London broils in olive oil, rosemerry, garlic, and crushed red pepper.  gonna cook them rare at about 600 degrees. any one have any other suggestions, or does this sound about right, i got a therma pen so I will take them off at 120

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,204
    I do them like big steaks... Sear them down low for 4-5min a side and then move them higher and do them to about 135...

Enjoy!
  • jscarfojscarfo Posts: 399
    so medium rare is better?
  • njlnjl Posts: 826
    And cut them as thin as you're able to.  Otherwise, they will be tough. 
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 468
    jscarfo - please give your recipe and pictures, I have been wanting to try one and need something to entice me. 
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    the recipe I saw on bobby flay bbq marinate with rosemary and garlic and evo oil then reduce some balsamic vinegar add more chopped rosemary  and garlic to that and when meat is done drizzle it over it looked good ill send some pics tomorrow
    yes I have a good sharp knife  ive done them before but not on egg
  • RaleighGuyRaleighGuy Posts: 207
    Make sure to slice across the grain

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

Here's some pics of some awesome London broil
    image.jpg 1.3M
    image.jpg 1.4M
    image.jpg 1.5M
    image.jpg 1.3M
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,771

Awesome pics, indeed!

What's the bread?

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • RaleighGuyRaleighGuy Posts: 207
    Looks great! Getting ready to put one on myself! Makes good sandwiches for lunches also.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

Potatoe rolls I also reduce balsamic vin. Then added more garlic and rosemary it made a thick glaze with a very intense flavor. Gonna make a couple for work right now