Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled the trigger on a Challenger cart! Cover???

I am not nearly talented enough to create some of the beautiful carts/tables you folks have posted.  Therefore I had to take the commercial route.  I have been researching and scouring the web for options.  The challenger large for my XL seems to be my best option... Now I am impatiently counting the days (will take about 4 weeks) for my new table to arrive.  

Do you Challenger owners cover your carts?  Or leave it out to the elements?  
Long Island, NY

Comments

• CAT Seller
    CAT Seller Posts: 208
    I never took shop class in school, and i have been having to pay for stuff my whole life, because of it. I am also looking at challenger cart for my large, but i have not pulled the trigger yet. What options did you get? Color? How much?
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    I have mine under a canvas cover.image

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited August 2013
    I have a SS table. It is 3 years old and egg and it only get covered when hail is forecasted, otherwise never covered
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • radamo
    radamo Posts: 373
    @dlk7... that is a nice option.  
    Long Island, NY
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    My table is not a Challenger, but I cover it when not in use.  I know it's stainless and I don't have to, but it's nice not to have to clean snow and ice off in the winter.  I had John at Coverworks custom make me one and he did a great job.  You can get his contact information on the Naked Whiz site.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • radamo
    BOWHUNR said:
    My table is not a Challenger, but I cover it when not in use.  I know it's stainless and I don't have to, but it's nice not to have to clean snow and ice off in the winter.  I had John at Coverworks custom make me one and he did a great job.  You can get his contact information on the Naked Whiz site.

Mike
    @Bowhunr, Thanks!!! I will check that out.

Long Island, NY
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    edited August 2013

When I bought my Challenger cart it was put to me this way.

"This cart will last you a long time. If you take care of it and cover it, it will last even longer. When things are exposed to elements, they deteriorate much faster.

Congrats on the new cart. Take some pics when it comes in.

• radamo
    hondabbq said:

When I bought my Challenger cart it was put to me this way.

"This cart will last you a long time. If you take care of it and cover it, it will last even longer. When things are exposed to elements, they deteriorate much faster.

Congrats on the new cart. Take some pics when it comes in.

I have resigned myself to that... Now I am deciding between a custom cover or the aqualon one.
    RA
    Long Island, NY
  • ch1488
    ch1488 Posts: 5
    Replaced my wood table for my large BGE with a Challenger cart a year ago.  Being in NW Wisconsin I deal with ice and snow about 5 months a year.  I settled on a custom cover from www.grillwraps.com made out of Sunbrella.  Custom made for the egg.  Reinforced over the dome and has straps/clips on all four sides so hardly moves in the wind.  Used the egg all winter, no snow under the cover at all.  Many colors available, Forest Green is a match for the egg.
  • radamo
    @ch1488...
    Thanks, I will check them out.

Long Island, NY
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    edited August 2013
    Here's a couple photos of my cover.  I meant to post yesterday but the wifi at the hotel I was staying in sucked!

Link to Coverworks.

http://coverworks.nakedwhiz.com/

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Check out some ATV covers. Many are big enough to cover larger tables.
    Mike, did you ever get the umbrella bracket on the table?