Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dreamland BBQ Gift Set

This was from my FIL. Not pictured is the black dreamland apron, basting brush, and dreamland mug.

Can't wait to bring Tuscaloosa's finest ribs to my backyard.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

Comments

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited August 2013
    Good stuff. One of my favs. Got to know the pitmaster at their Huntsville location, Mr. Cohen. Good guy, let me turn racks over, gave me some pointers as well.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @Aviator... Did you just use "racks" and "pointers' in the same sentence?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Aviator
    henapple said:
    He He !

Chattanooga, TN.

• ReldtiCDN
    ReldtiCDN Posts: 142
    edited August 2013
    henapple said:
    You get my mind off topic LOL

Brampton, Ontario

• Congrats Chris. The good thing is that you can keep your ribs on the egg until they are done, unlike Dreamland.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I had some in Mobile Al. Worst I've ever had. Let us know how the sauces are.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Hen, 

Years ago when there was just 1 Dreamland, the original in Tuscaloosa, it was really good. Since it has gained popularity, they have started cranking out their ribs too quickly and they are tough. Sad...
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
  • Aviator
    Hen, 

Years ago when there was just 1 Dreamland, the original in Tuscaloosa, it was really good. Since it has gained popularity, they have started cranking out their ribs too quickly and they are tough. Sad...
    Not quite so my friend. I go to Tuscaloosa and the Huntsville one and they are
    ^:)^

Chattanooga, TN.

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    I've only ever been to the original DL in Tuscaloosa a few times and they are what turned me on to BBQ.

@BigGreenBamaGriller I went in 2005 and 2006. Were those the good days, or would we have been even more impressed?

@henapple sorry man... But I'll let you know how the sauce is that they sent us.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Chris_Wang
    @Aviator Have you been recently? How did it fare against the 2011 tornados that went through Tuscaloosa?

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Aviator
    Yes I make an annual trip to destin, FL and the trip includes mandatory stop/detour to Dreamland BBQ @ Tuscaloosa. I always have their sauce in lil bottles in my kitchen. One of my old practices, when I was called up to be deployed, my staff surprised me with a going away present - DL shipped to our home.

Chattanooga, TN.

• I was in school there from 2001-2004. I know it was pretty good then. I'm not sure exactly when things went south, because I didn't go anywhere between 2004-2010. It breaks my heart because I used to love this place (I only refer to the original location, the others are something different) and Archibald's in Northport. I only go to Archibald's for BBQ in T-Town now...
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
  • Chris_Wang
    edited August 2013
    Here are the ribs... I did two racks of STL spares. SWMBO said they were better than what she remembered. Honestly, I think they were at least just as good. Nothing like sitting inside the orginal DL, which adds to the whole experience of eating their ribs.

And yes, we did have cheap white sliced bread to go with it.

@Aviator
    @BigGreenBamaGriller
    @henapple
    @bud812
    @hapster
    @ReldtiCDN

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer