Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Do You Put In Your Burger?

Comments

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    None of your business.

Yeast infections can make a person very irritable.  :))
    Perhaps he ran out of the strawberry flavored personal lubricant I sent in his "elf exchange" package?

He did say he liked the chocolate underwear you sent him. =))

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

JRWhitee said:
    Freshly ground brisket and pork belly (or bacon), mix in some fish sauce, freshly ground black pepper and chopped onions.  Cook MR.  Best burger you'll ever eat.
    Nola what is the mix ratio brisket to belly?
    I try to trim the brisket lean and use the belly to get approximately 20% fat in the mix.  Depends on how much you trim and how lean the belly is.  5:1 ratio is a good place to start.
    Thanks Nola

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    "If I knew it was going to be that kind of party, I would have stuck........."
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Depends on the meat and the occasion. Usual is S&P and wooster, but have used a rub like Penzey's Old English Rib, or as crazy as this recipe - which is quite good. 80/20 is a must for it and it uses an egg making 8 patties:
    Two pounds of 80/20 ground beef
    One-half cup finely chopped white onion
    One quarter cup finely chopped green pepper
    One quarter cup finely chopped red pepper
    One quarter cup barbecue sauce
    One quarter cup bread crumbs
    One quarter cup Parmesan cheese
    Two tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    One tablespoon garlic powder
    One whole egg
    One teaspoon paprika
    One teaspoon black pepper
    One teaspoon salt
    One half teaspoon cayenne pepper

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Focus Skiddy. We are discussing burgers. This is meatloaf.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    @Fred19Flintstone Sorry Fred,  Soy Sauce.
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • @Logger - That sounds good! Do you mix the Montreal Steak seasoning in or use it as a rub?
    Flint, Michigan
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I can tell you what to NOT put in your burger.....

Actually.. Never mind.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    edited August 2013
    Nothing in the meat, just coarse salt & pepper on the outside . . .  and then bacon & cheese on top!  =P~
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Sometimes, I like to pulverize just a touch of bacon and add it to the ground meat.  Other than that, nothing on the inside.  Typical seasonings on the outside.
  • S&P and little garlic powder....
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Drewdlc17
    Drewdlc17 Posts: 124
    Salt, pepper, garlic powder, on ground chuck. Pressed into thin sliced vidalia onion. Cooked in a cast iron.
  • REPORT:  I ended up quickly making patties and utilizing Montreal Steak seasoning.  They were pretty good (if I do say so myself). 

Lots of commotion at home tonight so I was lucky I got them cooked at all and no pictures were taken.  We got word late this afternoon my daughter's high school chum passed away last night in her sleep.  We have no info, but she didn't engage in high-risk behavior (that we know of).  The young lady was 17 or 18 years old.  Lord, have mercy!   

Flint, Michigan
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Montreal Steak seasoning if doing something other than just s&p.  on those rare occasions when I have some gorgonzola, I will do a stuffed burger.  and then add bacon on top :)

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Focus Skiddy. We are discussing burgers. This is meatloaf.
    I thought it was a bit crazy too, remembered where I found it.... 
    From the Smoker-cooking site:
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • McCormick's steak seasoning, awesome
    Suwanee Georgia - suburb north of Atlanta
  • REPORT:  I ended up quickly making patties and utilizing Montreal Steak seasoning.  They were pretty good (if I do say so myself). 

Lots of commotion at home tonight so I was lucky I got them cooked at all and no pictures were taken.  We got word late this afternoon my daughter's high school chum passed away last night in her sleep.  We have no info, but she didn't engage in high-risk behavior (that we know of).  The young lady was 17 or 18 years old.  Lord, have mercy!   

Prayers for the family man. Thats awful.

Little Rock, AR

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Sorry to hear about your daughters friend Fred, that's just terrible. Thoughts and prayers.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Thank you very much.  I didn't know her folks.  She was a very nice young lady.
    Flint, Michigan
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Sorry to hear about that.  My little brother's best friend blew his head off with a shotgun when they were in middle school.  Little brother was messed up for a long time...make sure you monitor the situation...ripples can last a lifetime.
    Jalapeno cheese curds inside, Aleppo chile and granulated honey on top, with a dark beer and whole grian mustard/mayo mix.
  • Yeah, I'm a little worried about my daughter.  She's had to grapple with death more than most young people her age.  Her mother passed when she was almost 9 and her maternal grandmother passed from the same ovarian cancer three years ago.  Now her buddy.  She's pretty grounded, but I'll keep an eye out for trouble.     
    Flint, Michigan
  • tybish
    tybish Posts: 61
    I'm a big fan of chopping jalapeño and mixing it in!
  • Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Sorry to hear that Fred, thoughts and prayers going up!

As for burgers, believe it or not, I haven't even tried to cook them yet. I am addicted to all things poultry (especially SPATCHCOCK) and have attempted most others, maybe burgers this weekend.
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • Aviator

Raising the steak or McCormic montreal mix usually.

Sometimes wife want a spicy one where we add minced tiny hot chillies, along with  the above, onion, garlic powders, bread crumbs with a dash of wooshire, small amt of evaporated milk and an egg, mix it all up in the KA. Tastes good and very juicy.

Chattanooga, TN.

• @tybish - I wish I could mix in some jalapeno, but my wife is a spice wimp and I'm too lazy to make separate burgers.

@Aquacop - You gotta do it!

@Aviator - +1 on the Montreal.  What your wife sometimes makes sounds a whole lot like meatloaf.

Flint, Michigan
  • Aviator

@Fred19Flintstone, I agree, but shaped like a burger and grilled, tastes fabulous. Esp with some melted pepper jack on it.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Those that like onion mixed in try grating it- makes a very fine paste that mixes in very well. Plus the kids don't freak out :)
    Greensboro, NC
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Eggs, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, chopped bacon and bbq sauce. Just Schwartz beef seasoning is also good.