Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Friday night lights

henapplehenapple Posts: 11,364
I was able to procure a few of my favorite cigars... AVO Lounge. Not sold in many shoppes but Baby Girl's dorm is 5 blocks from there. Going to the Seigel High football game but having a stick and a scotch with my friend before. Put 2 racks of St Louis style ribs on and we'll smuggle those in. The folks we sit with have gotten used to me bringing food. Hope it doesn't rain.. But will be there regardless.

Y'all have a good weekend.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,408
    I'm having some Evan Williams green label and some Copenhagen. #poorandoverworked
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,388
    Evan Williams black label and some Copenhagen here....it's build-a-fence weekend and I'm mentally preparing for digging post holes in the morning

• bucky925bucky925 Posts: 83
    Woodford Reserve and Apple Skoal.....don't get much better.   Oh yeah, and 3 glasses of red wine at a great local restaurant.   Tomorrow seared tuna. 
  • bucky925bucky925 Posts: 83
    And a blue ray in the theater....it's going to be a good weekend!
    theatre 002.jpg
    800 x 450 - 41K
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 5,781
    edited August 2013
    Evan Williams black label and some Copenhagen here....it's build-a-fence weekend and I'm mentally preparing for digging post holes in the morning

When the bottom of the hole gets wet, stop digging, you'll flood the parish. 
    Watching the Seahawks and Green Bay with a glass of Aberlour single malt, counting the moments until I take SWMBO and two of the grandkids to the airport tomorrow, they are off to Disneyland. I don't do Disney. I get to stay home and paint the house. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    edited August 2013

When the bottom of the hole gets wet, stop digging, you'll flood the parish. 
    Watching the Seahawks and Green Bay with a glass of Aberlour single malt, counting the moments until I take SWMBO and two of the grandkids to the airport tomorrow, they are off to Disneyland. I don't do Disney. I get to stay home and paint the house. 
    I refuse to go to Disneyland.  I'm in the same boat with the house painting.  Going to start that soon.  We got 10 years out of the last paint job, which is pretty good for here.   I bought a gas auger so the post holes won't be too bad.  They're beasts - 4x4 galvanized steel.  Fence is solid galvanized steel with fleur de lis finials, 6' tall.

• Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 2,895
    Trying 1792 and the norm of Grizzly Wintergreen

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky. Waitin to find a Sasquatch to Egg.
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,408
    Lots of smokeless tabacco users on here. I wouldn't have guessed.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,030
    Gave it up over 10 years ago and still have dreams about it- skoal straight was always my favorite.
    Greensboro, NC
    Lots of smokeless tabacco users on here. I wouldn't have guessed.
    Not proud of it, but I have an addiction problem.  I'd swear in front of a court they put crack in Copenhagen.  Oh wait, that's nicotine.  Lots of it.

• Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 2,895
    I wish I had the willpower to quit. About 2years ago I switched to pouches. I know it's no better for you but my dentist said it was easier on my gums when I had my grafts done.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky. Waitin to find a Sasquatch to Egg.
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 5,781
    Quit smoking over 30 years ago, nothing worse for smokers than a reformed smoker....I am a PITA. 
    Used to chew and tuck Copenhagen, now it is only the odd cigar, and like all politicians, I do not inhale. 
    @nolaegghead - fence sounds awesome, either you are protecting the property (neighbourhood turning bad on you?) or maybe your good lady is opening a hospital... Have fun with the auger, I've been spun around by those a number of times. 
    Bought a sprayer at HF, $170 - done two sheds to practise, works great. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.