Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dimensions for an xl table

I am in the process of building a table for my new xl.  I see on the plans that you need 12.5" from the tom to the lower shelf because of the way the hinge drops down. Is that in fact correct? I have seen some discussion about a redesign of the hinge just wanted to be sure before I continue. Also does anyone have a pic of theirs using the 12.5 height. I am just concerned it will seem to high. Thanks
·

Comments

• Turk2011Turk2011 Posts: 28
    Good question. I just bought an xl 3 weeks ago. After researching about table everywhere I could find any info I built what I thought I wanted. I used to dimensions from the naked whiz site then modified mine to what worked for me. 12.5 is the depth that I used
    ·
    I'm trying to put a picture up. But apparently I'm not smart enough. Wait for it
    ·
  • BtbeamBtbeam Posts: 25
    Thanks for the help would it be easier to send the picture to my email? Does it seem to high for you or does it look ok Thanks again
    ·
    Post your info and I'll send it to ya. It's not to tall for me that said I only built it the legs 30" and used 5 in casters
    ·
    btbeam68@gmail.com
    ·
    Email headed your way. Hope it helps
    ·
    Thanks for the pics I appreciate it that's using the 12.5? It looks good thanks again
    ·
    I just measured to get exact. It's 13 1/4 from the top of the middle shelf to the top of the table. Then the egg is sitting in a 1 1/2 " paver
    ·
    Turk2011 said:
    I just measured to get exact. It's 13 1/4 from the top of the middle shelf to the top of the table. Then the egg is sitting in a 1 1/2 " paver

Turk2011 said:

·
    Thanks a lot
    ·
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,462
    I built a table for my XL and used the 12.5" dimension.  It is right - I am using the table nest for support. 
    On a separate note, if you plant to use a table cover from BGE, hold to their dimensions - I went too long by an inch and it is tight.  Can give you top dimensions and drawing if you are interested- a bit more detail than the drawing on the BGE site
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
    ·