Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mothership Store Cook this Saturday

A few of us will be at the BGE HQ in Tucker, GA cooking this Saturday from 10-3...drop by and say hello and enjoy some tasty food...

3417 Lawrenceville Highway   Tucker, GA ...we hope to see you there...

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092

I hope some of y'all will drop by.

Ginny & I are cooking:

Cinnamon rolls

Cheese Straws

Crash Hot Potatoes

Burger sliders w chipotle mayo

Peach cobbler

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    How was the event with Chuck Oliver?

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• But I'm in Atlanta now!! Wish I could be here, but I have to head back to Birmingham on Friday. Ya'll have fun.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Crash hot potatoes sounds like something that I would love!!
  • Can you share some recipes?
    LBGE- Atlanta, LBGE and SBGE- Ellijay, GA
  • vidalia1

EASY PEACH COBBLER<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

INGREDIENTS:

4-6 CUPS SLICED PEACHES

1 CUP SUGAR

1 CUP SELF-RISING FLOUR

1 EGG

1 STICK MELTED BUTTER

1 TSP VANILLA EXTRACT

DIRECTIONS:

Big Green Egg set up indirect at 375 with plate setter & cooking grate. Rotate after 15 minutes to avoid hot spots.

IN A LARGE BOWL MIX SUGAR & FLOUR, USING A WIRE WHISK TO MIX TOGETHER

IN A SEPARATE BOWL MIX EGG & VANILLA TOGETHER. MIXING WELL

MIX THE EGG & VANILLA WITH THE SUGAR MIXTURE. IT WILL BE CRUMBLY

SPRAY A GLASS PYREX OR OTHER BAKING DISH WITH PAM OR OTHER VEGETABLE SPRAY & PUT FRUIT IN BOTTOM OF THE DISH

CRUMBLE THE SUGAR, FLOUR, & EGG MIXTURE ON TOP OF PEACHES AND POUR MELTED BUTTER OVER TOP

BAKE 30 MINUTES AT 375

LOVE TO TOP WITH VANILLA ICECREAM

• vidalia1

EASY CINNAMON ROLLS<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

INGREDIENTS:

CINNAMON ROLLS

6 frozen biscuits (slightly thawed)(makes 12 cinnamon rolls)

1 stick Butter (1/2 stick softened)(1/2 stick melted)

1 tsp Cinnamon (to taste)(combined with sugar)

1/2 tsp Sugar (to taste)(combined with cinnamon)

¼ - ½ cup finely chopped Craisins (raisins, pecans, dried apricots, crumbled cooked bacon or anything you like is ok to use)

2  tbls Brown sugar

GLAZE

1/2 cup powder sugar (use 10X)

1 tablespoon milk (increase to satisfy texture)

1/4 teaspoon vanilla flavor

(You may increase or decrease sugar and milk depending on the amount of glaze you want on rolls)

NOTES

This recipe is great made ahead of time, freeze and then taken out when ready to bake.

DIRECTIONS

Set Big Green Egg up indirect at 350 – 400 degrees using a plate setter with feet up, then cooking grid, then pizza stone. Put something on the pizza stone to lift pan off of the stone to prevent burning. (I use copper t’s bought at HD or roll up small balls of aluminum foil)(the BGE usually takes 30-40 minutes to get to the temp and be stabilized for baking)

Let frozen biscuits (we use Mary B’s brand) (or frozen buttermilk biscuits by Pillsbury) Thaw biscuits until pliable but still slightly frozen. About half thawed is perfect, you don't want them soft and limp. Roll out to an oval about 5 inches long and about 2 1/2 to 3 inches wide.

While the biscuits are thawing make cinnamon sugar combo. Also, chop craisins or whatever ingredient you are including in your rolls.

When biscuits are ready put flour on the counter and roll biscuits out individually. Brush each biscuit with softened butter & sprinkle with cinnamon sugar combination. Sprinkle chopped craisins (or other ingredients) on the flattened biscuits. (do not over fill) Roll each biscuit back up and put back on a plate and place the biscuits in the freezer for about 20 minutes or overnight. If you are cooking biscuits now, once they have hardened in the freezer take them out and cut each biscuit in half. If you are going to cook later you can put biscuits in zip lock bags to keep in the freezer.

In a Cast Iron skillet or other baking dish pour the melted butter in the pan and add the brown sugar. Stir together to get the ingredients incorporated. Take the flat side of sliced biscuits and put in the pan. Keep the biscuits slightly apart but almost touching.

Bake at 350 to 400  for about 15-20 minutes. After about 10-12 minutes carefully open the BGE and spin the pan 180 degrees to avoid hot spots and burning. Cinnamon rolls are ready when the tops are firm and slightly browned.

A few minutes before the rolls are done, mix together the glaze ingredients until you get a smooth consistency. Put glaze in a zip lock bag and clip of the corner to drizzle over warm rolls.  Serve the rolls hot or cold. It is delicious either way.

• OVERULD
    OVERULD Posts: 47
    Will do my best to get by and meet you folks.

BJ
    Men of integrity expect to be believed, but when they aren't, they allow time to prove them right.
  • vidalia1
    We hope to see you there...