Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Breasts

Semi Indirect.  Piled the lump in the back and cooked toward the front.

Turned out good.

No veggies on the plate because we have started having a raw veggie plate when we get home and then the meat later.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Those look nice and juicy.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Those look fantastic! I too made chicken breasts tonight. I followed several posts here and did them direct at ~400 deg for about 7 min per side. Then I foiled them for 10. Still weren't done and had to go back on. They were good and didn't have that bad smokey flavor of the burgers (my first cook) but still looked nothing like yours. Please explain your method!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited August 2013
    Indirect, only because I loaded the lump in the back and placed the breasts in the front.  Done at 400 until the interior was 170 or higher.  About an hour.

At 400 you do not need to flip them.  Give them at least 30 minutes before you look, and then do them to a finish temp between 170 and 180.  Don't foil them.  Get a Thermapen.

You will get there, we all had our stumbles.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Thank you. I was way off. Thermapen is on the list this week. Again, thanks.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC.