Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

OT - My first car

13»

Comments

• 1984 Ford EXP.  It barely ran and used to catch on fire.  It was also totally impractical.  It was totally worth the $400 I spent on it.

That has chick magnet written all over it!

50% of the time, it works all the time.
    It was at least as effective as Sex Panther, although cars that repeatedly catch on fire don't smell great, either.  

Also, I saw your post above.  This EXP was purchased in Lafayette, Indiana and driven almost exclusively in Bloomington.  That's also where it met its final end - being crushed into a cube.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • 1953 Buick Roadmaster four door, three tone green and two hundred pounds of chrome. Father bought it used for the third car in the household.
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,269
    Transportation to the beach was a 50 cc scooter followed by a 1965 yellow mustang without air in Florida. Scooter was cooler to drive - more air flow.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • BREWnQBREWnQ Posts: 194
    Worked at a tire shop so this was a frequent sighting.  
    20130822_075856_Berry St.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
    Orange, CA
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 15,830
    anyone here crazy enough to take a dodge dart uo to 120 and slam it in reverse for the worlds longest rollback
    :D then do it again and again
    :))
  • 70chevelle70chevelle Posts: 278

MY first car was a 1971 Monte Carlo, but prior to turning 16 I painted and did bodywork to buy my first car.  The first car a 'refurbed' was a 1974 Nova that my dad bought for $100 and sold for $1200.  After that, his buddies had me working their cars all summer.  It was good practice for my Monte Carlo.  It had 140,000 miles when I bought it and occasionally bent a pushrod, so I kept a bag of them in the trunk to change out. :D   I sold that car for college money and bought a 1974 Chevelle Laguna S-3 with a 400 small block, swivel buckets and an awesome 8-track.  I quickly got it looking presentable with white paint, burgundy stripes and an L88 hood scoop.  I've had many cars since, but the memorables have been:

1970 Chevelle that I redid from the ground up.  I've owned it for 19 years.

1970 Mercedes 280SL.  I planned on redoing it from the ground up, but a guy from Astoria NY made me an offer I couldn't refuse!image 

• Awesome 8-track?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.