Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Pork Chops thanks Cen-Tex - Pics

Options
JRWhitee
JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
edited August 2013 in Pork
Tonight I cooked Cen-Tex's reverse seared Pork Chops. Brined this morning for 6 hours , rubbed with Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin, did not have any honey so went dry rub only. These were the best ever, my wife said they were like steaks....indirect @275 to 125 then seared 1 minute on each side at 700. 

Johns Creek, Georgia

Comments

• Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Options
    Thanks for posting, sounds and looks like it was awesome! I have heard that Cen-Tex has some knowledge, look forward to seeing your future cooks. 
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • tybeelucy2
    Options
    Looks delicious
    LBGE- Atlanta, LBGE and SBGE- Ellijay, GA
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    +1
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Excellent - another sign-up for reverse sear!
    Did you use any smoke wood, and if so how do you think the chops took the rub and smoke during the indirect part of the cook? 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Aquacop said:
    Thanks for posting, sounds and looks like it was awesome! I have heard that Cen-Tex has some knowledge, look forward to seeing your future cooks. 
     ? Cen-Tex has knowledge? He knows One Scotch-One Burbon-One Beer & how to photoshop.
    L-)

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @skiddymarker I used apple wood for smoke, it only took about a half hour to get to 125 so I thought there was just a very mild hint of smoke on the chops but the rub gave it a good flavor.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That's the way to do 'em!   So many people ruin them by following the old pork safety temp guidelines....it saddens me.
    =D>
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    @skiddymarker I used apple wood for smoke, it only took about a half hour to get to 125 so I thought there was just a very mild hint of smoke on the chops but the rub gave it a good flavor.
    Apple is our favourite with pork, although peach is good too. SWMBO calls reverse sear the flavour bomb. She claims the rub and smoke have a chance to work some magic before the surface is seared, I taste the rub but not the smoke - prolly 'cause I'm de-sensitized. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • anez
    anez Posts: 150
    Options
    Did this last night and they were terrific. thanks for posting about it.