Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Best Pork Chops thanks Cen-Tex - Pics

JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,611
edited August 2013 in Pork
Tonight I cooked Cen-Tex's reverse seared Pork Chops. Brined this morning for 6 hours , rubbed with Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin, did not have any honey so went dry rub only. These were the best ever, my wife said they were like steaks....indirect @275 to 125 then seared 1 minute on each side at 700. 

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
Johns Creek, Georgia

·

Comments

• AquacopAquacop Posts: 467
    Thanks for posting, sounds and looks like it was awesome! I have heard that Cen-Tex has some knowledge, look forward to seeing your future cooks. 
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    ·
  • Looks delicious
    LBGE- Atlanta, LBGE and SBGE- Ellijay, GA
    ·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,306
    +1
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,863
    Excellent - another sign-up for reverse sear!
    Did you use any smoke wood, and if so how do you think the chops took the rub and smoke during the indirect part of the cook? 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,408
    Aquacop said:
    Thanks for posting, sounds and looks like it was awesome! I have heard that Cen-Tex has some knowledge, look forward to seeing your future cooks. 
     ? Cen-Tex has knowledge? He knows One Scotch-One Burbon-One Beer & how to photoshop.
    L-)

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,611
    @skiddymarker I used apple wood for smoke, it only took about a half hour to get to 125 so I thought there was just a very mild hint of smoke on the chops but the rub gave it a good flavor.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,055
    That's the way to do 'em!   So many people ruin them by following the old pork safety temp guidelines....it saddens me.
    =D>

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,863
    JRWhitee said:
    @skiddymarker I used apple wood for smoke, it only took about a half hour to get to 125 so I thought there was just a very mild hint of smoke on the chops but the rub gave it a good flavor.
    Apple is our favourite with pork, although peach is good too. SWMBO calls reverse sear the flavour bomb. She claims the rub and smoke have a chance to work some magic before the surface is seared, I taste the rub but not the smoke - prolly 'cause I'm de-sensitized. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • anezanez Posts: 121
    Did this last night and they were terrific. thanks for posting about it.
    ·