Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tonight

Options
Trying to get back to posting.  Bone in pork roast.

400 raised direct, until 140 internal.  Marinated in Dichickos Garlic.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    I love the bone in pork roasts. Haven't seen them at Costco at all this summer. Where'd you find yours?
    Dunedin, FL
  • Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    Options
    I just ate dinner and it still makes me hungry.  Looks great
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Those look excellent! Nice job Doc.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • RickyBobby
    RickyBobby Posts: 744
    Options
    After doing a close-up of your pic with all the cut pieces on the board, I would prolly prefer it cooked to a smidge higher temp. This is just a personnel preference though. Looks Great!
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    yzzi said:
    I love the bone in pork roasts. Haven't seen them at Costco at all this summer. Where'd you find yours?
    Publix

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Options
    Looks great, and the final flavor was???????
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Dichickos Garlic adds garlic, peri-peri spicy bite, and a bit of a vinegar taste.  One of my very favorite marinades.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    After doing a close-up of your pic with all the cut pieces on the board, I would prolly prefer it cooked to a smidge higher temp. This is just a personnel preference though. Looks Great!
    The meat continues to cook, by the time we took knife and fork to it any pinkness had disparaged and it definitely had the texture and flavor of done, but was very juicy.  One of my daughters likes her pork well done, but I like more juice.  The old rules about well done pork have been relaxed with US marked pork. 

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    yzzi said:

Costco usually only has these around Thanksgiving and Christmas in our area. We load up and freeze them for cooks at different times of the year.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.