Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

bge surprise and another use for the large bge

Yesterday I went to fire the egg up for some steaks after 4 days of neglect on the patio. Loaded the lump up to the top of the firebox and lit her up. I then proceeded to clean the ash, I stick my tool in and to my surprise out leaps a MOUSE over my ash tool and ash pail. Dropped my tool and almost fell over from surprise LOL.
BIG GREEN EGG MOUSE CATCHER
 I think if you have an eggware top and adjust your egg cover a little (I know I closed it)  the top opens enough to let the mice in to clean your grill for you (another thing I noticed my grill was very clean when I know I did 2 chickens last and left it a mess). Well I brought it up to 750 to cleanup the egg for a few minutes.
   Disclaimer  No mice were harmed in this cook I think.
Brampton, Ontario

·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,013
    That dirty rat....how'd it get in there?

·
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 467
    Rascally Rabbit (Mouse)
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,522
    For heavens sake, It was Mickey!

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,148
    I'd be doing a clean burn, those buggers carry a lot of bad guys.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,148
    ·
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,491
    Bad guys die way below 750. You are safe!
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
    ·
  • GogogordyGogogordy Posts: 451
    Gads I hate rodents and vermin!  I typically remove my grill/grills when I cover 'em up for a few. Our cat is worthless and I have to manage rodent control myownself.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
    ·
  • I hate them meeses to pieces.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,819
    If you had the ceramic cap on and the lower vent shut, that must be one hell of a gasket gap, I'd think about changing it. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • arango1arango1 Posts: 10
    Smoked mouse 12 hours slow and low...mmmmm
    ·
  • This thread gives me the Willies! I hate mice!!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • ReldtiCDNReldtiCDN Posts: 142
    If you had the ceramic cap on and the lower vent shut, that must be one hell of a gasket gap, I'd think about changing it. 
    I think i turned my eggware cap  when putting on my cover.
    Brampton, Ontario

·