Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

How do you get char on chicken without drying it out?

Made chicken kabobs tonight. I was really looking to get a nice char on the exterior. I succeeded to that end, but I dried the chicken out a little bit in the process. I had them going at 350, flipping every 5 minutes or so. Probably had them in there around 25-30 mins. Would bumping the temp to 375 or 400 next time be better? That way, I figure I'd get the char on the outside sooner, giving the inside less time to dry out. I was also thinking about trying a reverse sear kind of thing, hitting it with higher heat just when the inside starts to approach the right level of wellness? What do you all think? Anyone know how to get chicken nice and juicy inside and good and charred outside?
Southern California

Comments