Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Time to own up!

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    I would take that session. Not nearly as exciting as one-on-one but the pucker factor was right there-and at the end of the day-we always prevailed. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Did we get everybody? PS Mickey, you cant be pissed at me anymore, your definitely not the oldest! BUT CLOSE :)
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    bud812 said:
    59 but still liven in the 70's. Long live Rock& Roll. :D
    Bud, we need to talk....  /:)

I'm 53.  I don't mind being one of the older folks here, but it kinda disappoints me that so many youngsters have an Egg, while I struggled on rusty, wobbly walmart gas thingies for so many years... 
    It also disappoints me that my hair is mostly gray, but I STILL have some acne.  c'mon man, give me a break somewhere....  
    :((

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    35 years on this planet, Which I know isn't old, but I sure feel old when I hear about things that happened 25 years ago and I remember them like yesterday.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • 37, nearly 38 in  a few short weeks
    Large BGE. Southeast Pennsylvania. @BrianObst
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    edited August 2013
    Currently, still in my 50s. But turning 60 in a couple of weeks. I still have some dark brown hair, though; too bad it's on my back - and still coming in. 

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• Thirtysomething.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Fifty and a day.  Seems worse when I actually see it written.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Two_Down
    Two_Down Posts: 74

in Houston, TX

Minimax

MBGE

LBGE

36" BS

• ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    Pentwater, MI
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    I feel like I'm 33..........but go ahead and double that!
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited August 2013

Has anyone done the math. No I am not going to add it all up but guessing the norm is 34???????

ALSO: All the people who we do  not see posting. POST DAMN IT....... ok, if is official that I am old and crabby, so  I can get away with a little. Guys and girls, we need you to pick up the slack and post of this forum for it to grow. Look at all them names we never see posting  here.

Aquacop  you started this, so your job is to get these people posting more often. By the way, you headed to Salado in March?

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited August 2013
    How come @Eggcelsior never owned up?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Eggy is mysterious like that. 37 here... don't feel oldish or youngish, but the scales may tip any day now.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I put him at 38.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Turning 40 in December. I feel 39 3/4 though.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Ask his missus. She may drop the 3. I'm pretty sure mine would.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    41.  Started Egging just after my 34th
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Aquacop
    Mickey said:

Has anyone done the math. No I am not going to add it all up but guessing the norm is 34???????

ALSO: All the people who we do  not see posting. POST DAMN IT....... ok, if is official that I am old and crabby, so  I can get away with a little. Guys and girls, we need you to pick up the slack and post of this forum for it to grow. Look at all them names we never see posting  here.

Aquacop  you started this, so your job is to get these people posting more often. By the way, you headed to Salado in March?

Just became an empty-nester by putting our daughter in college, SWMBO is all into getting the hell out of the house so we are looking into it aggressively. Still very new at not having to be there all the time for our daughter. Will let you know asap!
  • Aquacop
    All, Mickey couldn't have stated it better, if we continue to grow the POSTING force, all of our culinary skills will improve. Yes there are a few Veterans on this forum that we all look to seek wisdom, but I am sure that there are some great backyard Chefs out there that we would love to hear from always. Its real easy, tell everyone the menu planned, state how it was prepared/cooked and snap a few photos, we will all benefit from it. Just don't forget to marinate the Chef prior to conducting any EGG Operations, its for you safety!

Cheers
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    41 goin on 17!!!! :D
  • 39 years old and just devoured an amazing spatchcock chicken.
  • I learned to never be at the head or bottom of any group in 1968 as a young buck going off to war...I just turned 67 in June.. I must be getting old..I am at the head of a list 

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Turned 60 last month. Feel 30 but no kids on my payroll any more. Life is good :>
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    62, 7 grandchildren, 2 Eggs.  :)
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    30 with 2eggs and no kids
  • avibug
    avibug Posts: 172
    Bullibe Posts: 132
    I think I am 52...?