Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Green Lightning Shrimp (pics)

2»

Comments

• warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279

hope this pic is a little smaller when posted. If not, would mods delete this post and I'll figure out how to get it smaller.

From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • warwoman
    warwoman said:

hope this pic is a little smaller when posted. If not, would mods delete this post and I'll figure out how to get it smaller.

OK! Great!! now on to the cook!!

Gave it a shot last night with shrimp and scallops.

imageimage
  • warwoman

Started at 550, and heated up the new CI half moon, sprayed Pam on it, and got temp down to 400. Put on shrimp direct on grill, three minutes a side, then took off and covered with foil. Temp to 350, then put on scallops for two minutes a side, basting with melted butter/cilantro/garlic, and took off after time.(Basted the shrimp with it, too!). 

imageimageimage
  • warwoman

Time for dinner.....and a few interested parties!!! (Save us a bite?)

Also a pic of the BGE home, the "B" porch! The front porch is the "A" porch.

The meal turned out super, with a little asparagus, rice pilaf, and bread. Yum!!!

• Austin Egghead, Just plain old Parsley for a cilantro sub.

• warwoman
    I will invest in some of those double fork skewers for future shrimp cooks.
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Wow just wow!!! Looks like an awesome meal!

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Nsdexter
    Nsdexter Posts: 195
    I never marinade seafood with lime or any other acidic fruit, unless I'm making ceviche others wise the cooking gets interfered with. When I do want citrusy flavor I use zest there's not enough acid to really get into the fod and brek it down but there's enough to make the flavours stick
    HFX NS
  • Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Awesome, what time is dinner?
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • warwoman
    Nsdexter said:
    I never marinade seafood with lime or any other acidic fruit, unless I'm making ceviche others wise the cooking gets interfered with. When I do want citrusy flavor I use zest there's not enough acid to really get into the fod and brek it down but there's enough to make the flavours stick

With you on that. I took Necessaryindulg recommendation and used fresh lime at the end of the cook. worked great!!

• Made this tonight. It was incredible. For the marinade I used 1/4 of a cup instead of 1/2 a cup of lime juice. It worked out well and I didn't get any ceviche type cooking going on. I had it marinading for 1 hour in the fridge.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Those look delicious! Glad I have my phone in an OtterBox or it would have water damage from me drooling =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208

Browsing through the recipes and had to stop and read this thread.

Can't wait to try them soon...yum yum.

thanks for posting !

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !!