Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Feel kind of bad...

Made two spatchcock chickens today for dinner and to enjoy during the week. Found whole, young chickens on sale for $0.89/# so I figured I'd grab a couple. Seasoned them up with John Henry's chicken tickler and some fresh thyme under the skin. Rested in the fridge overnight to get that crispy skin. Cooked raised, indirect @ 350 for 1.5hrs over a pan of potatoes, then pulled everything out and crisis the skin for 8 min raised direct. They came out beautiful.

So why do I feel kind of bad? None of the wings even made it to the table. Ate all four before anything had even cooled. Burned my lips and tongue. They were ridiculous. Totally worth it!

Cheers all -
B_B
Badger at heart, living in SoCal

Carlsbad, CA

Comments