Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First T-Rex Filet

I loved it! best Steak ever . Wife thought it was to rare. 

im single now
St. Johns County, Florida

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Looks good to me.
    Foghorn Posts: 9,829

Interesting.  My wife would think that was perfect. I would call it just a tad undercooked.  Maybe we should trade wives...

Seriously, great cook.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Looks great to me..  My wife would call an ambulance, claim the cow could still be revived, etc.  To quote Popeye, "Women-sk".  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    so i hear about a bath method and then sear. You get that nice pink all the way through. Anyone do both trex and bath?

St. Johns County, Florida
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I do the reverse sear on thick steaks. IT is the opposite of Trex and I find that I get edge to edge pink whereas Trex gives me the grey bands. I believe it is due to the less time spent searing.
  • BREWnQ
    BREWnQ Posts: 219
    That looks awesome I always Trex my steaks.

The other day I gave my wife a perfectly cooked steak and she told me it was too mushy.  She prefers grey throughout. 
    Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
    Orange, CA
  • EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Looks perfect.  Are there any leftovers? Wait...I already know the answer to that.