Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meatless recipes

Options
We had our very good friends over for a visit this weekend.  Their whole family is vegetarian.  We made them pizza on the Egg (margherita, double cheese, spinach/olive/onion) and they were blown away by its high-temp capabilities.  When we started talking about its baking capabilities and the potential for smoking cheese, they were really excited.  While most of us Eggheads are devoted to meat, I know we also just like food, generally.  So, just out of curiosity:  what are your favorite meatless recipes on the Egg?

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.

Comments

• Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Options
    There isn't one, tell them they are dead to society, Just kidding, I had to respond, I have no recipes for the meat fearing!
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Acorn squash, chile peppers, tomatoes, onions, endive, asparagus, and peaches; but, my absolute favorite are portobella mushrooms!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• GreenhawK
    GreenhawK Posts: 398
    Options
    Tell them to try anything that they would put in an oven in it.

I cook all of my sides on it along with the meats.  
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • Beaumonty
    Beaumonty Posts: 198
    Options
    stuffed jalapenos (cheese and cream cheese), but it's not vegan.
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    Options
    Veg kabobs. Good ones. Cause creamed corn is a real PITA on that thing!
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Like you said, veggie pizza is stupid good on the egg. I also love potato bacon bombs, and you could do them without bacon if needed (although that thought makes me sort of depressed). I've made three batches of beans in a cast iron Dutch oven that were all great. Corn on the cob is amazing. Roasted veggie salsa is great too, and I've been wanting to roast eggplant for baba ganoush, but haven't done it yet.

Oh, don't forget the fruit. Grilled peaches and pineapples are out favorites, and we've also made really nice mixed berry pies on the egg. I've had baked apples made by others that made me smile from ear to ear.

I do love meat, but the egg makes everything just that much better.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Hotdogs ????

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.