Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2" Steaks and Lobster Mushrooms w/ PICs

A Whole Foods finally opened in Savannah and was running a special on Ribeye Steaks for $9.99lb, couldn't resist.

Told them to cut me a fat 2" steak that was begging to go on the egg!

Bought several Peppers - Some I knew and some I didn't to make a pepper sauce for the steak. Char-grilled them and threw them in the blender with Olive oil, lemon juice and S&P.

Time to Blend

Bought a Lobster Mushroom and decided to get creative with a foreign Fungus I have never cooked before. For some reason I ignored all of the advice on the internet and cooked it my way, surely nothing could go wrong. Long story short, follow the experienced, @ 24.99 a lb, it sucked and was inedible.

Reverse Seared the steak which turned out awesome, Followed the Best thing I ever made steak by Geoffery Zakarian  - http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/chef-zakarians-grilled-steak/101537.html

Here is the Skinny (whatever that means) steak and pepper sauce were excellent, shame I didn't record the steps for the sauce, I am confident that I was over-marinated (if that's possible) - That would explain why I didn't give the MONEY shot of cutting into the steak, but it was a perfect medium rare and the taste was excellent! Give it a try.

Cheers
LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia

Comments