Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

2" Steaks and Lobster Mushrooms w/ PICs

A Whole Foods finally opened in Savannah and was running a special on Ribeye Steaks for $9.99lb, couldn't resist.

Told them to cut me a fat 2" steak that was begging to go on the egg!

Bought several Peppers - Some I knew and some I didn't to make a pepper sauce for the steak. Char-grilled them and threw them in the blender with Olive oil, lemon juice and S&P.

Time to Blend

Bought a Lobster Mushroom and decided to get creative with a foreign Fungus I have never cooked before. For some reason I ignored all of the advice on the internet and cooked it my way, surely nothing could go wrong. Long story short, follow the experienced, @ 24.99 a lb, it sucked and was inedible.

Reverse Seared the steak which turned out awesome, Followed the Best thing I ever made steak by Geoffery Zakarian  - http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/chef-zakarians-grilled-steak/101537.html

Here is the Skinny (whatever that means) steak and pepper sauce were excellent, shame I didn't record the steps for the sauce, I am confident that I was over-marinated (if that's possible) - That would explain why I didn't give the MONEY shot of cutting into the steak, but it was a perfect medium rare and the taste was excellent! Give it a try.

Cheers
LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia

Comments

• AquacopAquacop Posts: 468
    By the way, apparently Lobster Mushrooms are awesome if you follow the recipe, so don't let my intoxicated follies deter you!
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,109
    Looks good. How'd you like the pepper sauce?
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    It was really good and surprising easy to make, bought some crazy peppers from Whole Foods and went with it. Yes it was a success, but if alcohol wasn't involved, it may have been a failure!
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,209
    I have done mushrooms (not lobster) on the egg, but it was in a CI skillet... That ribeye looks awesome!
    Thanks hapster, to date that was the best one I have made, even left-overs the next day were great!
    hapster said:
    I have done mushrooms (not lobster) on the egg, but it was in a CI skillet... That ribeye looks awesome!
    Thanks, to date that was the best one I have made, even left-overs the next day were great!
  • I'm form Savannah too. The opening of the WF has been quite exciting!
    LBGE- Atlanta, LBGE and SBGE- Ellijay, GA
    I'm form Savannah too. The opening of the WF has been quite exciting!
    I couldn't believe how busy it is on the weekend. I am sure it will settle down once the newness wears off.