Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What's a Buckeye to do??

BuckeyeBob
BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
edited August 2013 in Off Topic
My son who graduated last year is off to the University of Tennessee for graduate school. While I M incredibly proud of him, I don't know if I could actually root for a SEC football team. And I don't look great in Orange!
Clarendon Hills, IL

Comments

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    SEC!  Go 'cocks!  (and my wife says to tell ya "Go Blue!")
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • My parents both graduated from The University of Michigan and somehow my brother and older sister went to Michigan State.  It made for some interesting get togethers to be sure!
    Flint, Michigan
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    You know they wear orange at Tennessee so they can wear it to the game Saturday, hunting on Sunday, and the work release program on Monday. GO BUCKS!!!

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • The sec doesn't matter. Only beating M*chigan like a drum.
  • Ohio may come into Ann Arbor undefeated, but they won't leave undefeated! If Urb's players keep getting arrested, they won't have enough players to field a team.

GO BLUE!

Fairfax, Va

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    The SEC doesn't matter?.... Unless you like champions. We love Michigan, Ohio St, Notre Dame, Oregon..... Easy wins.

Bob, visit a Tennessee hone game. Fan or not it's a blast.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple said:
    The SEC doesn't matter?.... Unless you like champions. We love Michigan, Ohio St, Notre Dame, Oregon..... Easy wins. Bob, visit a Tennessee hone game. Fan or not it's a blast.

That's pretty big talk, Bacon Boy.  Go Blue! 

Flint, Michigan
  • BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Amazing how cocky these Michigan fans but they deserve to act that way considering they've actually beaten us twice in the last 11 years and one of those was the chaos year. Sorry to disappoint you but it's going to be 10 out of 12. Henapple, I am looking forward to getting down there for a game. Heard it's a great experience.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I feel your pain Buckeye Bob, my daughter became a Gamecock Saturday when I dropped her off at USC. I am a Buckeye as well the only thing worse that rooting for the SEC is that pimple on my ass better know as the team up north I think they call them selves "NOBLUE" 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Michigan's legendary coach, Bo Schembechler.  A man to admire on & off the field at all times.

Ohio State's legendary coach, Woody Hayes at the 1978 Gator Bowl punching a Clemson player.  A man to be admired?? 

Hey, I know it's history.  But it's funny to remember.  Also, I believe punching opposing players is against the rules.  I guess following rules has never been a big consideration for OSU.

Flint, Michigan
  • troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    Go Badgers!
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    What to do? Why root for Penn State, of course. Let's go Lions!
    Mark Annville, PA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    School Championships Seasons
    Alabama 3 2009, 2011, 2012
    Florida 2 2006, 2008
    LSU 2 2003, 2007
    Auburn 1 2010
    Florida State 1 1999
    Miami 1 2001
    Oklahoma 1 2000
    Ohio State 1 2002
    Tennessee 1 1998
    Texas 1 2005
    USC 0* 2004*

9 champions since the BCS started and the last 6. It's not big talk... Just facts. The road doesn't go through Ann Arbor or Ohio... But Ohio does have "Big Butter Jesus"
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Well at least with kid at UT football won't come up much and you won't have to watch them on TV. UT is thinking about joining the ACC just so they can win some games

Go Dawgs! UGA!
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    henapple said:
    School Championships Seasons Alabama 3 2009, 2011, 2012 Florida 2 2006, 2008 LSU 2 2003, 2007 Auburn 1 2010 Florida State 1 1999 Miami 1 2001 Oklahoma 1 2000 Ohio State 1 2002 Tennessee 1 1998 Texas 1 2005 USC 0* 2004* 9 champions since the BCS started and the last 6. It's not big talk... Just facts. The road doesn't go through Ann Arbor or Ohio... But Ohio does have "Big Butter Jesus"
    Umm...SEC has won the last 7!
    Boom
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    The state of Alabama has the last 4... Yikes!

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Let the games(smack talk) begin.
    I now have to cheer on Northwood U in Midland ,MI. Why you ask ? I just wrote them a big check for fall classes for our daughter.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Amazing how cocky these Michigan fans but they deserve to act that way considering they've actually beaten us twice in the last 11 years and one of those was the chaos year. Sorry to disappoint you but it's going to be 10 out of 12.

If remember back to the John "I can't buy a win" Cooper days, Ohio was 2-10 record against Michigan. It's cyclical, The Great White HOKE has us on the right track. Buckeye Bob, I'm not cocky, optimistically confident.

GO BLUE!

Fairfax, Va

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    When I was at Northwestern they had a pretty good cheer whenever Michigan would come through. It was something like "HEY HEY IT'S OK, YOU'LL WORK FOR US SOME DAY!!!"
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Do you fellow eggheads actually watch college football on Saturday, I am not a fan of senseless bragging, but I am pretty sure that there is a team that is looking (and has a VERY good chance of obtaining three National Championships in a row. Does anyone know how many other colleges have accomplished that? Just Saying ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!! Damn I cant wait.
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • flexfusion
    flexfusion Posts: 240
    WAR EAGLE!
    Auburn, Alabama
  • Drewdlc17
    Drewdlc17 Posts: 124
    Now you have an excuse to be a fan of a real football conference. Although, burnt orange is a bad color!