Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tried the turbo butt yesterday, fantastic! no pics:(

Sorry I didn't take pics but this was definitely quick and easy!

started with a 6# boston butt. 350* indirect with a drip pan full of water. goal was to cook until 165IT and it only took maybe 3 hours or so. Then I foiled to 195IT and that only took another hour. Then I FTC'd for about 3 hours. When we finally gave in, opened the cooler, and unwrapped, it was super moist and soft. Used the meat claws to shred it and the fam loved it! Super quick and easy (thanks to the Maverick).

Definitely going turbo on butts and ribs from now on! All about the temp, not the time!

North Alabama - Roll Tide

LBGE 2013

·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,266
    yep
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,517
    How was the bark doing it that way?
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • excellent bark

North Alabama - Roll Tide

LBGE 2013

·