Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another quick dinner: "Something Chicken" (pics)

Celebrated a special event this evening:  My sister's 43rd birthday.  She wasn't able to enjoy it with us in person - she passed away eight years ago due to cervical cancer.  However, she was with us in spirit - and I think she'd have enjoyed this, thoroughly.

Some restaurants stick with you ... and one from my college days in Knoxville always held a soft spot in my heart:  Grady's.  My sister and I hit it up more than a few times, together.  I was thrilled to have them in Tampa, too ... but ... none were ever in St. Louis.  So, I had to recreate my favorite dish, which was easy since it had so few ingredients. If I remember the name correctly, it was "Something Chicken". 

Here's my rendition...

Chicken breasts sprinkled lightly with Dizzy Dust (first time trying it ... enjoyed thoroughly).  Threw on the egg at 450F with the platesetter on for an indirect cook.  Gave them 3 minutes per side, and then a flip ... until registering 155F internally.  At that point, I added some Boar's Head Black Tavern ham (3 pieces to each breast), and two slices of Boar's Heat Cojack cheese.  By the time the ham had a little char on the edges and the cheese had melted, the chicken was up to 160F.  Voila, "Something Chicken."

Served it with glazed carrots and arugula/balsamic salad with parmesan cheese.

Drinks for the girls were house specialty martinis from a local bar here in StL ... no longer on their menu, so the barkeep gave me the recipe "since none of the new girls know how to make it".  So thankful she did.  I went wild with a Diet Pepsi.

Dessert was brought over by my mom ... Grasshopper Pie.

Hope you enjoy the pics - as dinner (quick as it was to make) was pretty tasty.

StlScott

Comments