Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

XL egg

Hi,

I recently purchased an XL egg after owning a large egg for 6 years. Is there a difference in cooking/grilling between the 2 sizes? I cannot get my ribs to come out the same way on the XL as I could on the large. I am doing everything the same way. I would appreciate any imput.Thanks

Comments

• cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,043
    No experience with the large but I do have an XL. My buddy has a large and the vent settings for a L vs an XL are different. I would check your dome thermometer and calibrate if necessary. You should get similar results on both units.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • rsmith193rsmith193 Posts: 219
    I use my lg for my big meats and my xl for ribs during comps. Run the xl at 250º 2hrs then I wrap in paper for 1hr and unwrapped for the last hour. I've had very good results on ribs.
  • Can you elaborate a bit on the difference between the ribs on the Large vs. the XL?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Try lighting the lump in multiple spots. I do three spots in a triangle. Push the ribs higher in the dome for more consistent temperatures across the grid. My best grid temperature for ribs is 275. T
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.