Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Turning Leaves

My crabapple tree is always the first tree I see to start turning colors each year. My neighbor's tree doesn't finish dropping leaves until mid November. Anyone else's start this early?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 4,830
    I think your crabapple tree is a wuss - definitely out of its hardiness zone....
    What do I know, all my trees are evergreens - they shed right after the new growth comes in the spring.
    Delta B.C., Canuckistan - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • @td66snrf - Very good sir or madam. "Off Topic" is exactly what this thread is. Perhaps that's why I labeled it as "Off Topic"?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

• BotchBotch Posts: 2,134
    The quakies are turning up in the bowls, the scrub oak should be starting soon.  One thing that's fun about living in the mountains is watching the seasons change up and down the mountain as the time goes by; flower bloom down here first, then a bit higher up, on up the mountains.  Then the first leaves change up there, and start working their way back down, followed by snow.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.

Ogden, Utard.  
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 2,400
    Dogwood starting to get some color here in Central PA.  Love autumn  
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 1,305
    no color change here but the leaves do wilt in the afternoon from the hot sun

And the grass gets at least 1% more brown every day starting in June.  By Labor Day there is no green.  "Late Dry Summer" is a season, right?  It comes after "Early Humid Summer".

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 565
    @td66snrf - Very good sir or madam. "Off Topic" is exactly what this thread is. Perhaps that's why I labeled it as "Off Topic"?
    Sorry, didn't mean to offend just didn't see OT in the topic.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 423
    My ash in the backyard is starting to drop. Not as bad as yours Fred.

Bill

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,377
    BOOOO.

I hate the winter. Falling leaves mean summer is leaving. I need to get out of NY.

Garnerville, NY
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 7,208
    Don't be sad Rob. Leaves are changing, the weather is beautiful, tasty beer is coming...

Isn't this a cooking forum?
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 1,223
    edited August 2013
    I think the tree is on mourning for the Wolverines upcoming season. :(

Large BGE 2006, Small BGE 2014
    Weber Gasser for the Wife. 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,377

Don't be sad Rob. Leaves are changing, the weather is beautiful, tasty beer is coming...

Isn't this a cooking forum?

Yeah but I hate the cold. I am more comfortable floating In the pool practicing my Statue of Liberty pose (keeping drink out of water) than wearing 4 sweatshirts and a jacket shaking my drink do to the cold.

Beers are good. 5 year old starts travel ice hockey this year. 2 practices a week and games every Sat/Sun. Yeah. I really enjoy watching him play. So a least that will get me through winter. Will cut way back on egging time but for a good reason.

Still need to move down south though.

Garnerville, NY
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 1,305
    "Still need to move south though."

Yeah. Move to Texas and get your kid into soccer. Then you can have the experience of sitting out at a soccer game in July as the sweat forms a continuous stream off the bill of your hat. Makes you appreciate how hard the kids work.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• @foghorn and "early humid summer" begins in April and ends in mid may, if we are lucky!
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX