Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

How long will home made salsa keep?

CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum
How long will home made salsa keep in the refrigerator?
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
·

Comments

• about 10 minutes in my house ..... it's gone after that.
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,861
    2-4 days in my place.  Starts to get mushy after that, however I use only fresh ingredients.  If cooked you have a longer shelf life.
    ·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,272
    It'll go a week here, and we've gone almost two. Your nose will tell you ....
    ·
  • onedbguruonedbguru Posts: 644
    salsa is typically cooked.  We canned some 2010,2011 and we have ~20 jars left.
    pico de gallo is just fresh chopped stuff.  is only fresh for a day or two, three max.

That being said, after we open a jar, if we are eating other stuff, it will be good for a week or so.  You will know when it goes bad, it usually starts growing green stuff..
    ·
  • If lucky we will have enough leftover for the next day.  
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    We just canned some a few weeks ago. I love canning fresh sauce and salsa. We just started canning this summer and I'm obsessed.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • I do mine fresh but have found that in large batches if you add a small amount of white vinegar, it will help it last longer without giving you the vinegar taste.
    ·