Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hatch Chili ABTs

Wow these turned out great. Stuffed with light cream cheese, Parmesan Reggiano cheese, shredded chicken, salt, pepper, garlic, Tsunami Spin; half also with bacon and sharp cheddar.

Cooked raised direct at 450 dome.

Blanched the peppers for 3 minutes before stuffing.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 1,089
    Yep, those look awesome! Were the tough with the skin still on?

Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,095
    @Black_Badger - no, not tough at all. I think the blanch before grilling may have softened them up.
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 1,089
    Yeah good call. I do love those things. Great technique on the boat slice too.
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • yum.  Got more today at CM.  Last weeks hot were not hot at all.  Hope this batch is.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,095
    @Austin Egghead the ones we got at HEB Fresh in Cedar Park were pretty mild too.
  • SpringramSpringram Posts: 426
    CPARKTX said:
    @Black_Badger - no, not tough at all. I think the blanch before grilling may have softened them up.
    Blanching is always the secret. Here is Spring, Texas, the hatch peppers are in abundance. Love them. Your ABT's are wonderful looking, and I bet, tasting.

Springram
    Spring, Texas

LBGE and Mini