Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No rain cap?

So I'm assembling my new egg today, and no rain cap. I've looked online to see if there's been any chatter about it being discontinued--- but nothing. I'm really hoping it was just a mishap. I mean the plastic handle is a big enough bummer!!
Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 

Comments

• pkaboo1
    pkaboo1 Posts: 115

Plastic handle? Rain Cap?

Home Depot,Lowes, amazon, The forum.

Rain Cap? My LBGE didn"t come with a rain cap, I got one from Home Depot,

and one on the internet.

Snellville,Ga.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    edited August 2013
    Not that I have heard of - ask your dealer. BTW the rain cap is the name of the ceramic cap that snuffs the egg. The metal stack vent cap is to keep rain and snow out.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Do you mean a rain cap or the ceramic cap sitting on the table top to the right of @pkaboo1 egg?
    The ceramic cap is sometimes referred to as a rain cap. It is not meant to be used when the egg is being used as it will not allow any air flow. For those who have no covered cooking area, some rather neat solutions are available. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Yeah. I mean the green ceramic cap. I'll call the dealer tomorrow. I guess at worse case I buy one. Not the end of the world. :)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Welcome aboard-and that is a part of the basic kit-should be no $$ out of your pocket.  If you get push-back from your dealer then go straight to corporate.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pkaboo1
    pkaboo1 Posts: 115

That green ceramic cap is a part of your basic kit.

Let your dealer know, should no problem.

You need it.

Snellville,Ga.
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    The ceramic cap is part of the BGE. Period. You use it to shut the Egg down after the cook. DO NOT SETLLE FOR LESS.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • revolver1
    revolver1 Posts: 372
    My dealer withheld the feet, no longer supplied.  Went back and he just went and got them for me from his back room.  You should have no problem.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • Jeremiah
    Thanks all. I'll call tomorrow.
  • Jeremiah
    So an update: I called my dealer this morning. They called back within an hour and said there'd be one sitting on the counter waiting. They were super nice and apologetic.--- which deserves a plug: Weinburgers Furniture in Augusta, ga. :)
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Honest mistakes happen, and your dealer took care of  it immediately. The start of a beautiful relationship :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Not that I have had contact personally with that many dealers, but I think BGE must do a pretty good job of selecting their dealers. I have had nothing but good response with all of them (3) that I have had any dealings with. Always they go above and beyond to make sure we the customer are satisfied.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • I didn't get any feet with mine and I just got it fathers day this year, should I go back and ask the dealer about it?
  • Does the green cap snuff out the fire quicker than just shutting the vents? I have only shot the vents on the metal cap and it seams to work just fine. I have never used my green cap.
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    I didn't get any feet with mine and I just got it fathers day this year, should I go back and ask the dealer about it?
    They no longer include feet with the Egg. However, your dealer may have some spares in the back, if you ask.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Does the green cap snuff out the fire quicker than just shutting the vents? I have only shot the vents on the metal cap and it seams to work just fine. I have never used my green cap.
    I think it does a little better job cutting the airflow. Plus, I put the cast iron cap inside the Egg so it doesn't rust when I'm not using it.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle