Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I don't believe it

Options
BREWnQ
BREWnQ Posts: 219
Though I'd share this pic I took the other day.  I Missed my light because I was trying to capture the moment.  It a lady holding a baby smoking a cigarette watching a guy pour gas in her car.
Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
Orange, CA

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    WOW. Safety first :))

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Hi! I'm stupid. Meet Mr Darwin award. This is my kid, future ward of the state.
  • Holepuncher
    Options
    "You can't fix stupid"
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    Options
    WOW. Safety first :))

Or for some "safety thiird"...
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Looks like @cazzy...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    What a way to go. I can hear the phone call to his wife now:

"yes ma'am...It was a hippo"
    "I understand but they can be very aggressive, They kill more humans annually than Lions and Crocs combined"
    "yes, they do appear docile but they are very dangerous"
    "sooooooo.......he was also naked.....take care, sorry for your loss"

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I was expecting it to be Brittany Spears....don't look like her
    Options
    Had there been an accident, she could sue, Valero, the gas dude, the tobacco company, state and local governments, the feds and school board.
    Alaska and Hawaii have laws that basically say 'do as you please but you can't sue because of your low I.Q.'.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Options
    Yup. Amazing how absolutely tuned out people are. Anytime I'm pumping gas and some arsehole is yapping on the cell phone I always step in let them know I'm not ready to die in their potential ball of flame. 'Never happen to me' proven wrong so many times.....

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

Had there been an accident, she could sue, Valero, the gas dude, the tobacco company, state and local governments, the feds and school board.
    Alaska and Hawaii have laws that basically say 'do as you please but you can't sue because of your low I.Q.'.

I'm moving. Now to decide between surfing or
    snowboarding.
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    Options
    I see that damned near every time I pump gas down here. I nearly ALWAYS ask them to put it out so they don't blow us all up and most of the time they comply (often grudgingly, but at least they do). Every now and then they'll give me ****, but I just try to calmly explain why what they're doing is the epitome of STUPID and try to get myself out of there before they stick it in the tank just to spite me.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Was she married? I'm super turned on.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Also, I used to pump gas at a marina and there is no way to catch gas on fire with a cig.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The other one we all see a lot of is people filling gas cans that are in the truck bed or trunk, not on the ground. DUMB!

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    ever see a car blow up in a NASCAR or formula 1 race? I don't believe they turn their motors off, turn all their communitcations/electronics off. (They are vigilant about the smoking thing though)

You can flip a cig into a giant puddle of gas and it won't light it.  It will just extinguish the cig. I think it's dumb to do it but you aren't going to light a gasoline fire with running engines, cell phones, or cigarettes. All this is for insurance purposes.

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    You have ruined movies for me, many many movies.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    You have ruined movies for me, many many movies.
    especially those made by your avatar :))
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    You can put a cigarette out in a cup of gasoline or MEK if you're quick enough. It is not the liquid that ignites it is the vapor.

• Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    edited August 2013
    Options
    BREWnQ said:
    Though I'd share this pic I took the other day.  I Missed my light because I was trying to capture the moment.  It a lady holding a baby smoking a cigarette watching a guy pour gas in her car.

"See, what had happened was...................... "
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You can put a cigarette out in a cup of gasoline or MEK if you're quick enough. It is not the liquid that ignites it is the vapor.
    EXACTLY! It's the vapors.... there is no puddle of gasoline outside the car (if you're doing right) while pumping gas... but there IS vapors.

Wait... NAW... it'd NEVER happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRVVrGZLsz8
    8-|

Of course THAT was static electricity... even so. It's STUPID to introduce an ignition source while pumping gasoline.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Parallel said:

EXACTLY! It's the vapors.... there is no puddle of gasoline outside the car (if you're doing right) while pumping gas... but there IS vapors.

Wait... NAW... it'd NEVER happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRVVrGZLsz8
    8-|

Of course THAT was static electricity... even so. It's STUPID to introduce an ignition source while pumping gasoline.

Quite common in the winter that's why you are not supposed to get I your vehicle while fueling up. I've seen this before its the sweater! Maybe we need to ban those too. She handles it pretty good though
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    When we were kids we use to take the cigarette stubs from the vaqueros and flick them into a bucket of gasoline. (about one inch in the bucket).. 
    If you were fast "flicker" the cigarette was extinguished if you had poor flicking technique the fumes ignited.  One of the stable hands taught that trick but betting us all out of our allowance.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx